Trying to put together a credit repair plan and need a little advice

TSCMage

I’ve been scouring this forum trying to figure out the best way to get my credit report cleaned up, and I can use some advice. Here are the items I’m trying to clean up:

1. 2 old utility bills in collection from 2006. They are each around $150. I’ve disputed them both several times and the CRAs keep coming back as verified. The accounts are OOS and I’m not getting hounded by the CAs so I doubt sending a DV would do any good. They come off on their own next year, but being collection accounts I don’t know how much they are hurting my score even though they are very old.

2. Capital One Auto Loan – Opened in 2/2008 never late. Totaled the car in 10/2010 by the time the insurance company got around to paying Cap 1, the last payment was 30 days late. I know I should have made that payment so it wouldn’t be late and they would have sent me a refund check, but I had to buy another car and couldn’t afford both car payments until the insurance company settled. I’ve already disputed paid never late with the CRA, but it came back as verified. I really don’t want the TL deleted, just the 30 day late payment.

3. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage – I’m sure this is hurting my credit the most. It was a house I purchased with my ex-wife. Opened in 4/2006 never late until after the divorce when we agreed to sell the house in 2011. By then the housing market was crap and we needed to short sell the house. So it is listed as account legally paid in full for less than full balance and 180 days late since nobody was living at the house while it was being sold, and neither of us could afford to pay the mortgage and our current living expenses. Besides Wells Fargo never would have agreed to short sell the house if the property wasn’t in distress. The CRA lists this as continuing on record until 2018.

4. 2 First Premier Bank credit cards – One opened in 11/2008 one opened in 8/2009. Each has one 30 day late notation because I forgot to pay the bill. Both accounts are still open and active, and have since put them on automated payments so I don’t forget anymore. Tried disputing as paid never late but came back as verified. One late was in 11/2009 and the other was in 10/2010. They show to go into positive status in 2016 and 2017.

5. 3 other small collection accounts from the divorce. All under $500 which I would be more than happy to pay to have them deleted off my credit report. They went into default in 20009/2010 and are scheduled to continue on record until 2016/2017.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I decided to send GW letters to First Premier Bank. I'm hoping that they take into consideration that I am a current customer, and that in nearly 4 years I only have the 1 x 30 day late on each account.

That was my first thought. This seems like a perfect situation to try a GW letter, since you are a current customer in good standing. A good, groveling, "I'm SO sorry and I've set up auto pay to make sure this never inadvertently happens again" type of letter might work.