JAMS arbitration granted: now served with discovery

alohagirl

I've been sued by original creditor, filed all papers, went to case management conference, and then filed a motion to compel arbitration which has been granted. My question is...My MTC was granted about 3 weeks ago and i have 60 days to file with JAMS, but last week I was served with Discovery by the attorney representing Cap 1... Do I answer the discovery or wait till I have proceeded with JAMS paperwork? I live in CA. Thanks

I've been sued by original creditor, filed all papers, went to case management conference, and then filed a motion to compel arbitration which has been granted. My question is...My MTC was granted about 3 weeks ago and i have 60 days to file with JAMS, but last week I was served with Discovery by the attorney representing Cap 1... Do I answer the discovery or wait till I have proceeded with JAMS paperwork? I live in CA. Thanks

I wouldn't do anything or they might say that you continued to litigate and have it pulled back to court. Also, I would view that as a violation since the MTC was already granted. Go to debtorboards and post in the arbitration forum and let them know you're in California. There are some California members there that might can tell you more. Debtorboards - Sue Your Creditor and Win! - Index