Midland case dismissed!

My husband's case with Midland was finally dismissed after almost a year of back and forth with them in court. He argued lack of standing because Bill of Sale and Affidavit of Sale didn't include his specific account. Finally, the clerk asked Midland lawyer if he was ready to proceed (I'm assuming to trial) and the lawyer conceded and the case was dismissed. I swear the clerk was trying to suppress a smile that the "little guy" won. She pretty much rolled her eyes when the lawyer said something about being able to sue again.

Probably because she know it is more talk than action. She sees these cases all of the time and already knows that if they could not come up with the evidence the first time, it is doubtful they will the 2nd time.

She also knows that the 2nd bit into the apple is the final bite that could be fatal. The courts tend to be less permissive with a w/o prejudice dismissal on try 2 than they are on try 1.

My husband's case with Midland was finally dismissed after almost a year of back and forth with them in court. He argued lack of standing because Bill of Sale and Affidavit of Sale didn't include his specific account. Finally, the clerk asked Midland lawyer if he was ready to proceed (I'm assuming to trial) and the lawyer conceded and the case was dismissed. I swear the clerk was trying to suppress a smile that the "little guy" won. She pretty much rolled her eyes when the lawyer said something about being able to sue again.

Good for you!! another one(Midland) bites the dust!

:BigDance::BigDance::BigDance::BigDance: