Do you have to appear for the MTC motion hearing?

In WA State, if you file an MTC, and you also motion for hearing, is that a hearing you have to show up to or is it just the judge looking at the papers and making a decision?

I setup a MTC Arb. Hearing the same day as the SJ hearing.

In WA most MTC are decided on the pleadings and the only time someone files for a hearing is to annoy the other side or wants the judge to see the BS they are generating. If you scheduled it, you had better be there to argue your motion or the judge will get pissed off.

In WA most MTC are decided on the pleadings and the only time someone files for a hearing is to annoy the other side.

In Arkansas also, because that is the only reason I requested my oral argument hearings. I can assure you if I had not shown, the other side would have tried to demolish me with sanctions because they were well aware of what I was doing (could have been because I told them and directed them to on-line message boards where I stated it also, I don't know, just guessing) and were not happy one bit.

Of course you want to go to your own party!

And be prepared to talk about anything and everything pertaining to the case. Someone on these boards (won't say who, but they know who they are) once gave me some great advice about going to my hearing:

Talk about what the judge wants to talk about.

I anticipated the hearing going in a direction, but the judge took a completely different direction. I was ready to go with him and talk about what he wanted to talk about.