Sign in to follow this  
Swatch

Assignment of Mortgage

A friend of mine unfortunately was just served with Foreclosure papers and as I was going over the papers with him, one of the Exhibit that was attached was an Assignment of Mortgage which states:

" For value previously received, MERS Inc., as nominee for Blank and Blank Mortgage Corp dba 1st Double Blank Mortgage, its successors and assigns, hereby assigns, to Chase Home Finance, at 3415 Vision Drive, Columbus, OH 43219, the mortgage executed by Hot and Sexy to MERS, Inc., as nominee for Blank and Blank Mortgage Corp dba 1st Double Blank Mortgage, it's successors and assigns, on February 1, 2008 in the amount of $250,000, which said mortgage was recorded in the Recorder's Office in Big Lights, Big City on March 20, 2008, as Instrument No.000000000. Said mortgage secures the indebtedness owned on a promissory note previously negotiated or otherwise transferred to Chase Home Finance LLC.

Property Address: Friends Home

Witness, my hand and seal this 1 day of February, 2011.

Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc., its successors and assigns,

By: Wanda Chapman's signature

Printed: Wanda Chapman

Title: Vice President

State of SC

County of Florence

Before me, a Notary Public in and for said County and State, this 1 day of February, 2011, personally appeared Wanda Chapman for and on behalf of MERS, Inc., as nominee for Blank and Blank Mortgage Corp dba 1st Double Blank Mortgage, it's successors and assigns and acknowledge the execution of the foregoing instrument for the uses and purposes therein set forth as the free act and deed of said corporation.

Signed and Stamped

Pamela Brown, Notary Public South Carolina

After reading all of that, my question is does anyone know anything about Wanda Chapman? I've read on the internet that she is a robo signer and works for Chase. Can anyone confirm or deny?