Serving Multiple Parties

As long as there is proper service, does it matter if you serve multiple parties that might be considered improper service if that is all you served.

I'm having a suit served tomorrow to the registered agent, but I want to also have the actual call center and the offices of the agency served.

As long as it's all legit, done by the book and a processor server is used, is there any problem having multiple parties that will be a party to the action served, even if that was the only service it would be considered improper service.

I can find nothing in the rules that state if I want to waste my money and do that, It's against the rules.

I'm looking to send a clear message that they are in for a fight and start this party off in style. I don't want anybody saying I was a snob and they did not get their invitation to the lawsuit party.

B) Issuance. On or after filing the complaint, the plaintiff may present a summons to the clerk for signature and seal. If the summons is properly completed, the clerk must sign, seal, and issue it to the plaintiff for service on the defendant. A summons—or a copy of a summons that is addressed to multiple defendants—must be issued for each defendant to be served.

Rule 4. Summons | Federal Rules of Civil Procedure | LII / Legal Information Institute

This sounds mandatory.

Yeah but I'm not suing multple parties, I'm suing one collection agency by name, but am going to serve anybody that has there name anywhere associted with the party I'm suing, from the tax advisor to the secetary, if they are listed on the secetary of state's website, they are getting a copy of the lawsuit (served in person).

That is what is called an over abundance of caution to make sure plaintiff has no excuse under the sun to say they did not get it. The rules only cover what must be done at a minimum.

That is what I figured and after doing more research, you're correct that the minimum is just stated, not "the only way" it can be done.

President of the company is getting served at his home tomorrow. They have been "legally" served by minimum means, now it's time to make sure nobody gets their feelings hurt for not receiving their "personalized" invitation.