WITHDRAWAL FROM CHECKING WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION

TARPS

Cornerstone Resolution has just withdrawn money from my checking account without my authorization. I do not know what this is for. I have dealt with them before and paid off two accounts. However, I believe this is the 2nd time they have done this. The other is charging on my of my credit cards. I haven't been able to get through to them on the phone. What do I do? The first amount was for $450 and this amount is for $700. xangelx

Thank you for your response. Have called the bank and they have advised that we will dispute the withdrawal after the amount has posted. Currently it is classified as "pending". I usually know how to handle these things; but, since my husband passed away in December my brain apparently has turned to mush. Again, thanks. 8]

You need to stop using this checking account IMMEDIATELY - empty it now and open a new one to use from this point on. You can keep the account open until the withdraw is returned (or you find out it wont be) at which point you should just close the account completely. If a debt collector has your account information then it is NEVER safe to continue using the account.

If they are charging your CC you need to dispute and close the CC account immediately.

Edited by Robert_Nashville