rising_score

A$$et Acceptance dismissed 2 cases without prejudice. Will they refile?

Or do I have to wait till they just fall off?

That wouldn't be in reference to my post, would it?

Haha - till the STDs fall off?

No, it was a real question. I am trying to figure out hoe to get Asset off my credit reports

If your request does not come with a summons and complaint wrapped around it, forget it when it comes to Asset.

The SOL for credit reports is different than for lawsuits. Regardless of state, the SOL is 7 years. However, verify that the DOFD and all underlying information is correct. If it is not, you might be able to get it removed by that method.

Other than that, wait for a violation, nail them for it, and then request as part of settlement that the debt is removed from your credit report.

With Asset, if you have beaten them up once in court often if you dispute with the CRA they will delete.

Asset never just drops the tradeline.

Coltfan, as usual, is absolutely right: the only way Asset will remove their tradeline is if the request is wrapped with a Summons and Complaint. You will have to sue.

So your choice is obvious: let it fall off in time or sue to have it removed.

Coltfan, as usual, is absolutely right: the only way Asset will remove their tradeline is if the request is wrapped with a Summons and Complaint. You will have to sue.

Or if you have won against another jdb, initiated suit against others and tell them so....xangelx At least that was the case w/us. Within twenty minutes of making that call (implying we would not hesitate to initiate action against them), our account was closed, all actions ceased--tradelines removed.

:lol:

ladyhunter, kentwa and coltfan offer good advice! Asset is terrible. Given they recently lost in a major court case, they may delete if asked (fearing future legal action)...but maybe not. If that doesn't work--your only recourse will be legal action.

My post was intended to lighten the mood, by sharing a bit of a funny story. The scenario described is true--that happened in our case. But I sincerely believe we got lucky (I also dropped the name, "webrecon"):lol:, probably didn't hurt...hahaha!

Edited by tigger

just because they dismissed the case does not mean they have to delete the tradline from your credit.

If they are not reporting it correctly the sue them and make a few bucks

been there done that.. best days of my marine corps was training recruits.

I see that, training makes the difference. Bad recruits fill many body bags. It's up to the DI to make sure that doesn't happen, whether the trainee likes it or not. What they forget is that if a DI lets a recruit graduate when he doesn't know what he should know, and he gets KIA, that is on the conscience of the people who let him slip through the cracks. Hate your DI? Maybe. But when you come home alive after a combat tour, you may have an entirely different opinion. I think all DIs sleep well at night knowing that they have made the effort to ensure that our servicemen are trained to handle anything they encounter. We can ask nothing more of them.