rising_score

Disputing a 30 days late?

I would like dispute 4 accounts that each have one listing as 30 days late. Three of these accounts show I was 30 days late in Dec. 2011. The other account show I was late in Sept 2011.

All of these accounts are currently open.

I read that you should wait to disput lates for 18 to 24 months, as it is less likely they will get verified. Is there any harm in trying to dispute these now, and if it doesn't work, trying again at the 18 month mark?

Of course there is no harm, it's your right to dispute them. That's like asking if you can fight a speeding ticket because you were going 90 in a 70 and the cop has you on video and radar speeding.

It's your right.

Of course there is no harm, it's your right to dispute them. That's like asking if you can fight a speeding ticket because you were going 90 in a 70 and the cop has you on video and radar speeding.

It's your right.

I know it is my right. I wonder though, if I dispute now, which for these accounts is at the 6 or 9 month mark and they come back verified, and then I dispute again in 9 months, will the CRAs tell me the dispute is frivolous? So what I am asking is - is it better to wait until the 18 month mark when the OC is less likely to be able to verify it.

In my opinion, it does not matter. If they have the proof now they will have the proof then. It's a payment, it's not a "not my account" or what I would consider a real dispute. If you do online bill pay, think about how long it would take you to prove you made your house or car (or any other payment) payment 18 months ago.

I just pulled my Paypal account to look something up from 2009 and took me about a min to find what I needed from three years ago.

It's pretty much a frivolous dispute now just as it would be in 18 months. In my opinion they will handle it according to their procedures (who knows what those are?) the same now as later.

Again, only in my opinion, I think serious credit repair (removing dozens of neg marks and not just one or two) involves eventually suing or going right to the line of suing to the point where they know you are serious (like a lawyer or pointing out the six prior times you sued somebody for a similar dispute) unless of course there are really two dozen things on your report in error (which of course can happen).

I'd just fire it off right now and see what happens and would not wait.