rising_score

Is a soft inquiry from CACH LLC anything to be concerned about?

I just noticed a soft inquiry from CACH LLC. I read that they bought a bunch of old BofA charge-offs without much documentation. I have an old BofA charge-off on my credit reports. But there is no sign of CACH other than this soft from CACH. Has anyone had experience with CACH? Are they likely the new owner of my BofA charge-off?

CACH LLC

4340 S MONACO

2ND FLOOR

DENVER, CO 80237

(303) 296-3345

Requested On: 06/01/2012

Permissible Purpose: TO ACQUIRE/SERVICE/INSURE ACCOUNT

Here's more on BofA and CACH:

Bank of America and Cach LLC Involved in Suspicious Debt Collections Happenings |

Edited by rising_score

They are checking to see if your other credit info suggests it might be worth pursuing you.

Just read the linked article ...

Looks like the most they can ever hope to get on anyone is a DEFAULT judgment. Play them long enough to see if they will give you an FDCPA prize.

Edited by Torden

They are checking to see if your other credit info suggests it might be worth pursuing you.

Just read the linked article ...

Looks like the most they can ever hope to get on anyone is a DEFAULT judgment. Play them long enough to see if they will give you an FDCPA prize.

I agree.

And I just took another look at my credit report. It is showing the original BofA tradeline with a date of last payment of May 15, 2006. The SOL in my state is 5 years. So if they wanted to sue me they should have done it a year ago, because this seems to be 1 year past the SOL. Looks like I don't have must to worry about now, but I need to get BofA off my reports before it's due to fall off.