For those that didn't see the post in the 'Hall of Fame Winners' thread I wanted to share this with you, heck I wanted to shout it from the rooftops!!!! I showed up for trial this week, looking very professional and with all my various binders of paperwork, caselaw, etc., and before opening statements cousel dismissed without prejudice! Slightly disappointing considering how much time, effort, nerves, sleepless nights, etc. you put into it and then don't get to put on your case but hey, a win is a win! It is still satisfying to know that you got all the way to trial and they recognized that they would lose and you would win!

Sincerest and heartfelt thanks to calawyer! You truly are a saint!!! You empower and educate us to understand what is going on and to also believe in ourselves!!

Thanks also to seadragon, 1111girl, vldca, and anyone else that posted replies, offered words of encouragement, and made this all seem not so scary.

To anyone new on the board: take one thing at a time, ask LOTS of questions, and know that you really can do this! If you invest the time, you will like the outcome!

Even though this is over, I will still be around on the board in the off chance I can help someone else, even if in some small way.

Again, sincerest thanks and have a GREAT weekend, I know I will!!!

This is so encouraging and inspiring. It gives us all hope.

I was just thinking where there are good evidentiary objections and good caselaw they dismiss like nobodies business.

Just sayin

I was just thinking where there are good evidentiary objections and good caselaw they dismiss like nobodies business.

Just sayin

Case law only scares lawyers who read and think.

I showed up for trial this week, looking very professional and with all my various binders of paperwork, caselaw, etc., and before opening statements cousel dismissed without prejudice!

I bet the plaintiff's attorney took one look at you and your binders and was intimidated! Good job!

::travolta::

Was this victory by chance over Midland? If so, let me know and I'll add it to the Midland victory thread.

reporter: So what made you go this far to defeat a group of notorious scumbags?

Mommamia: The were trying to take the food out of the mouths of my children and trying to get their college funds.

Reporter: So you summoned up the eye of the tigger, and kicked them in the Coltfans and served them up sushi style to Calawyer and Seadragon?

Mommamia: Yeah, they were just afraid of loosing to a pro per. I think they would have to clean the senior partners toilets for a long time because they lost billable hours.

Reporter: What was the Judges reaction to their dismissal.

Mommamia: Stunned disbelief because he fully intended to rule in their favor as a favor to a golf buddy.

Reporter: Mother gives smackdown to member of the bar who sent the white flag bearor to court. Back to you Chuck.

Anchorman Chuck: In other news today the instance of welfare and child support fraud by Litigation Spe******t is on the rise tonight at 10PM

this is a parody and not an actionable item which is protected speech much like a certain show on saturday evenings. So any of you Debt collection scumbags need to think really hard before trying to submit a SLAPP suit.

Congrats!!! I hope I'll have a victory post like yours soon, and everyone else that fights back. I was just reading through all of your threads and noticed you've been dealing with this for a year. I'm only on month 5 and already I feel drained. I thought JDBs were only after default judgments. Why do they let these lawsuits drag on when the defendant is clearly a fighter? Especially when there are cases like Linda Almonte vs. Chase. Even if the JDBs have docs from the OCs you can't trust them.

Sorry I used your victory thread to vent. What I meant to say is :woohoo:.

@C&R - Because the legal system allows parties to drag out cases like this and they know that they can still get what they want if they can force the other side to give up given enough time. Stick with is and eventually, time will run out for the JDB where they will have to put up or shut up.

In fact, this actually gives the defendant (even Pro Se) an advantage because the plaintiff has to first prove they have claim so if the plaintiff does not move the case along, they are the ones penalized for it.

Congrats. I know how you feel. The same thing happened to me the 1st day I ever stepped into court to defend myself. I was ready for World War III when I stepped up to the table. Then, suddenly, poof, the bomb didn't go off and there was peace. Darn, up all night cleaning my guns for nothing.

I realize now I was not ready to defend myself back then. So it was a gift. But I'm ready for primetime now.

All this "debt-fighting" is so very interesting to me.

Edited by Patz