whattodocacourt

CASE DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE AGAINST MAIN STREET ACQUISTIONS & NELSON & KENNARD ATTY

I WON, I WON, I WON, I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to thank

1STEP for helping me take my "First Step"!!

Calawyer for putting up with my many, many, many questions and not complaining!

SEADRAGON - for forbidding anyone in answering my thread Saturday, because he said I was FREAKING OUT! and told me to go watch a movie. Then holding my hand for the past few days and staying up late answering my questions last night tile 1:30am. Then told me to go to bed! SO FUNNY.

LEGALEAGLE - For always being someone on the forum to answer my threads.

TO VLDCA and MOMMAMIA3 - for giving me strength!! and confidence that "I CAN DO THIS"!!

COLTFAN1972 - for making me laugh and also giving me confidence.

BV80

USAGI555

ADMIN (Big Sister Watching) and dropping in to role over in laughter

HELP ME - For HELP "ME"

BTO429 - Something about that badge that made me feel safe!

AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT CONTRIBUTED

I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL BE HERE, NOT GOING ANYWHERE! Plus I have a few other JDB's that have sent me letters in the past that just might dare to try to sue me!xdeadhorsexxshakeitx:IThankYou:::leaving::

Great JOB!!! I just got a 12 pack with some extra cash I got today, I'll do one for you if you do one for me!!!

That is so GREAT !!

Good on ya for fighting the good fight !

Edited by Savoir
Revoke question ?

Plaintiff bowed down and RAN FROM ME.

WITH PREJUDICE!!! I'm not mistaking! I was actually on the phone when the clerk opened the fed ex envelope and read it to me. When he said dismissed whole case with prejudice, I said WHAT??? WITH PREJUDICE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He said NOPE! I don't know what you said or did, but GOOD JOB!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA8-)

Plaintiff bowed down and RAN FROM ME.

WITH PREJUDICE!!! I'm not mistaking! I was actually on the phone when the clerk opened the fed ex envelope and read it to me. When he said dismissed whole case with prejudice, I said WHAT??? WITH PREJUDICE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He said NOPE! I don't know what you said or did, but GOOD JOB!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA8-)

Is this the one who was gonna bring in more witnesses than the OJ trial?

• Like 1

See.....told you they were going to dismiss! Congratulations and welcome to the club! Now don't forget to file your costs of suit and get some of your money back!

:wave:

See.....told you they were going to dismiss! Congratulations and welcome to the club! Now don't forget to file your costs of suit and get some of your money back!

:wave:

OH!!!!!! How I could I forget Scientific! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

They sure did!!!

Now, since I got a Fee Waiver (which I had to ask the judge personally for, cause they denied it on the spot), does the court ask for the fee back from Plaintiff?

So as far as costs! I spent a whole lot of money in the past couple weeks at Kinkos! also, I made 3 sets of a two inch think file. One for me, judge and plaintiff! 80.00, my binder!, my dividers! My gas back and forth to the court house! what else??? No seriously, what can I get back? The suit I just bought yesterday?? HAHA

OH!!!!!! How I could I forget Scientific! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

They sure did!!!

Now, since I got a Fee Waiver (which I had to ask the judge personally for, cause they denied it on the spot), does the court ask for the fee back from Plaintiff?

So as far as costs! I spent a whole lot of money in the past couple weeks at Kinkos! also, I made 3 sets of a two inch think file. One for me, judge and plaintiff! 80.00, my binder!, my dividers! My gas back and forth to the court house! what else??? No seriously, what can I get back? The suit I just bought yesterday?? HAHA

Unfortunately, all you're supposed to get is the costs of filing...filing your answer, etc...but I've heard of others who have put in costs for copies and mailing and received those in return.

Unfortunately, all you're supposed to get is the costs of filing...filing your answer, etc...but I've heard of others who have put in costs for copies and mailing and received those in return.

That's not fair. Dismissal with prejudice is a de facto judgment for the defendant. They should have to pay it all.

Congrats!!! I was going to check in on your thread tomorrow, but luckily it's all over for you. And WITH predjudice! You should go out and buy a lottery ticket. J/k.

:BigDance:

Congrats!!! I was going to check in on your thread tomorrow, but luckily it's all over for you. And WITH predjudice! You should go out and buy a lottery ticket. J/k.

:BigDance:

Good Idea! and while I'm at it, I think I'll have a DRINK! :shock:

Dismissal with prejudice is a de facto judgment for the defendant. They should have to pay it all.

It's much more than that. The OP needs to be careful. There is a trap for the unwary in this situation.

Don't sign anything. Don't agree to anything.

That may seem self-evident but I've read about cases where the plaintiff files for a dismissal with prejudice and the defendant agrees to it either in writing or at a hearing. They have forgotten the concept of res judicata. If the defendant agree to a dismissal with prejudice that means not only that the plaintiff cannot litigate the matter again, neither can the defendant. If the OP wants to get courts costs or file a suit against them, don't agree to the dismissal.

:lolsign:8-)good job I would ask for what ever they asked for in attorneys fees,expenses,

include your filing & service fees if any,also all the law books you had to buy,

Civil Procedure Before Trial (The Rutter Group California Practice Guide) List Price: $525.00.

Description

In this set, judge and attorney civil litigation experts offer invaluable practice pointers and step-by-step guidance through pretrial procedures, beginning with client intake and continuing through commencing the action and bringing it to trial. This practice guide contains detailed coverage of jurisdiction, pleadings, motion practice, discovery, and more. It also includes proven strategies, tactics, timesaving tips, and illustrations based on actual cases.

Features

•Cites the latest cases available, plus statutes and rules of court

•Develops each topic and procedure step-by-step, showing you what, when, where, and how to do it

•Features top judges and attorneys from across the nation as authors

•Includes illustrations that are based on actual cases

•Provides proven strategies, tactics, and timesaving tips from judges and experienced practitioners

Edited by racecar

It's much more than that. The OP needs to be careful. There is a trap for the unwary in this situation.

Don't sign anything. Don't agree to anything.

That may seem self-evident but I've read about cases where the plaintiff files for a dismissal with prejudice and the defendant agrees to it either in writing or at a hearing. They have forgotten the concept of res judicata. If the defendant agree to a dismissal with prejudice that means not only that the plaintiff cannot litigate the matter again, neither can the defendant. If the OP wants to get courts costs or file a suit against them, don't agree to the dismissal.

Forgotten the concept? I don't even know the concept!! I'm confused, just a bit!

:lolsign:8-)good job I would ask for what ever they asked for in attorneys fees,expenses,

include your filing & service fees if any,also all the law books you had to buy,

Civil Procedure Before Trial (The Rutter Group California Practice Guide) List Price: $525.00.

Description

In this set, judge and attorney civil litigation experts offer invaluable practice pointers and step-by-step guidance through pretrial procedures, beginning with client intake and continuing through commencing the action and bringing it to trial. This practice guide contains detailed coverage of jurisdiction, pleadings, motion practice, discovery, and more. It also includes proven strategies, tactics, timesaving tips, and illustrations based on actual cases.

Features

•Cites the latest cases available, plus statutes and rules of court

•Develops each topic and procedure step-by-step, showing you what, when, where, and how to do it

•Features top judges and attorneys from across the nation as authors

•Includes illustrations that are based on actual cases

•Provides proven strategies, tactics, and timesaving tips from judges and experienced practitioners

mmmm???

Theres an old legal saying whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Beergoggles what were you able to get from the plaintiff when you won.

Forgotten the concept? I don't even know the concept!! I'm confused, just a bit!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Res_judicata

Basically what it means is that once a case is settled by a final judgement then all matters pertaining to that case or derived from that case are settled. So if there was a matter that could have been resolved as part of a counterclaim or a cross-claim in the dismissed lawsuit, for example, you cannot file a new case to litigate those issues.

A dismissal with prejudice it means they can't come after you but it also means you can't go after them. It's not an issue if you have no intentions of suing the plaintiff yourself.

Congratulations, Whattodo, it's stupendous!

Any idea what made them run away? I'd love to have that happen in my case!