Summons in NJ

I thought so too, but used this

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/prose/10556_response_to_a_motion_kit.pdf

and followed the directions. I think they were trying to split hairs. BTW, the rent a lawyer had a half inch packet of copies of statements on him, but they never provided them as part of my demand for documents. If I knew more of what I was doing, I should have filed the motion to limit any other documents. They would have been in trouble then because all they had was the one page print out, affidavit, and some other useless form. I might have had a chance, but I was SO nervous I was content to just settle.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so too, but used this

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/prose/10556_response_to_a_motion_kit.pdf

and followed the directions. I think they were trying to split hairs. BTW, the rent a lawyer had a half inch packet of copies of statements on him, but they never provided them as part of my demand for documents. If I knew more of what I was doing, I should have filed the motion to limit any other documents. They would have been in trouble then because all they had was the one page print out, affidavit, and some other useless form. I might have had a chance, but I was SO nervous I was content to just settle.

My bad. I did share the wrong link. But the Motion and the Response both require the Certification in Support.

I had a case once too where the plaintiff had tons of nonsense paperwork. They know it spooks a lot of pre se filers.

It is amazing how much more confident we become as we roll along. I am kinda grateful I was sued the 1st time. This is some of the best education EVER !!! We should not be ignorant about the court system just because we aren't lawyers. Frankly, it should be taught in high school, or at least be a required course in college..