But I hate you all

Credit Cards, banks and Charge offs, oh my!

Hello,

I have not seen anything here about this but I got 3 charge off removed. I contacted the oc witch was for a credit card and they told me they sold every thing to collections and have no signed contract any more. I than filed a complaint with The F.D.I.C., The Federal Reserve, office of the comptroller of the currency and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The charge off vanished with in a week and the bank aka credit card company was back peddling.

It seems they do not like complaints with these people at all.

The F.D.I.C. FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

The Federal Reserve Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System

office of the comptroller of the currency OCC: Home Page

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. CFPB > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Step 1. Dispute with the CRA

Step 2. Wait for it to come back verified

Step 3. Call The oc find out if they have the original contract. if it was sold to collections most likey they do not have it still.

Step 4. Get the ID number of the employee and name

Step 5 File a complaint with The F.D.I.C. , The Federal Reserve, office of the comptroller of the currency, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

I said "Reporting a account they can not verfy. I found a Charge offs on my Credit report form GE Bank for a Old Navy. I disputed it with the CRA it came back verified. I than sent a letter to GE Bank about this heard nothing back and called them I spoke to a Customer Service Representative named Joe her employee Id is 2019,, as provided by he.Sfe informed me that your GE Bank does not have any information on this account that it was all sent to a collection agency. How did they investigate this account with out any documentation? I contacted the collection agency their rep told me about and they could not validate the debt. This is a violation of the FCRA and the trade line needs to be removed ASAP."

Step 6. Wait their corporate office will be calling you. As soon as they find out they have nothing to prove it they will delete it.

Keep in mind banks do not like complaints with these organisations because they can be shut down if they get too many.

Update.

GE Money - Removed 5 charge offs. Called them back for collections and wiped them. They said they are going to be removing the trade line.

Plains Commerce Bank deleted the trade line.

HSBC - They pulled the signed contracted, App and payment history out of their a$$. Rather funny since they wanted the id number of the person who told me they had nothing.

So I got 6 Charge offs removed :/ one still on

From a CIC student to another. I had a large HELOC equity line (50k) that showed up on my credit as a charge off a about 3 months ago by one of the big banks. Let's call them S"Untrust". I was recently getting calls from a CA until I sent them a validation letter within the first 30 days of receiving their letter attempting to collect the debt. It has been 30 days and not a response from the CA. They have complied with no more phone calls so far. Do you, or anyone. have any idea what happens if they don't answer within the 30 days?

A little history about the equity line and really need advice on...

I paid on the HELOC religously for roughly 8 years with S"Untrust". I realized that my rental house was a dead duck due to the market and most likely would never bounce back in this life time so I gave renters notice to find other housing and foreclosed on the first loan with another mortgage company a year ago leaving the equity line dangling. I'm wondering, if I acquired my HELOC through NBC in 2004 and say 10 months in 2005 sold it to S"Untrust", what is the likelyhood of S"Untrust" having a signed contract to back up the CO? I do not recall signing anything with S"Untrust". I do have in my possession an unsigned copy of an Equity Line Agreement and Disclosure (Contract?) that I do remember signing with NBC originally.

Any advice? Thanks

Most people assume you can't do anything about chargeoffs unless you pay the collection agency. But apparently, if you create enough grief they'll drop the accounts. Nice to know ;)

Step 1. Dispute with the CRA

Step 2. Wait for it to come back verified

Step 3. Call The oc find out if they have the original contract. if it was sold to collections most likey they do not have it still.

Step 4. Get the ID number of the employee and name

Step 5 File a complaint with The F.D.I.C. , The Federal Reserve, office of the comptroller of the currency, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

I said "Reporting a account they can not verfy. I found a Charge offs on my Credit report form GE Bank for a Old Navy. I disputed it with the CRA it came back verified. I than sent a letter to GE Bank about this heard nothing back and called them I spoke to a Customer Service Representative named Joe her employee Id is 2019,, as provided by he.Sfe informed me that your GE Bank does not have any information on this account that it was all sent to a collection agency. How did they investigate this account with out any documentation? I contacted the collection agency their rep told me about and they could not validate the debt. This is a violation of the FCRA and the trade line needs to be removed ASAP."

Step 6. Wait their corporate office will be calling you. As soon as they find out they have nothing to prove it they will delete it.

Keep in mind banks do not like complaints with these organisations because they can be shut down if they get too many.

When the corporate office called you what did they say or ask and what did you tell them?

Most people assume you can't do anything about chargeoffs unless you pay the collection agency. But apparently, if you create enough grief they'll drop the accounts. Nice to know ;)

If you're willing to file frivolous lawsuits against them they will fold 99% of the time if all you try to get out of them is removal from your report.

I'd do it in a heartbeat and have no issues with it. They do this thousands of times a day when they sue knowing if the consumer fights back they will immediately drop the case because they can't prove anything.

Collectors when griping about consumers suing always forget that small detail that their industry does it a million times worse.

And two wrongs don't make a right but they make for a better credit report.

Well i just completed my first trial of this method called Credit One Bank and of course no documents and filed complaints with all four agencys we will see how this pans out. wish me luck:mrgreen:

Good stratagey, playing off the fact that most bank do not keep accurate records at all.

Lets face facts here, they are known for loosing deeds to houses that they have hundreds of thousands of dollars on the loan. Which to me just makes the odds that much higher for them to loose a contract on a loan worth a couple thousand.

Hello,

I have not seen anything here about this but I got 3 charge off removed. I contacted the oc witch was for a credit card and they told me they sold every thing to collections and have no signed contract any more. I than filed a complaint with The F.D.I.C., The Federal Reserve, office of the comptroller of the currency and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The charge off vanished with in a week and the bank aka credit card company was back peddling.

It seems they do not like complaints with these people at all.

The F.D.I.C. FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

The Federal Reserve Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System

office of the comptroller of the currency OCC: Home Page

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. CFPB > Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Did you happen to complain at more than one agency at the same time or you just picked one agency and got it. can you explain just how and what in your complaint was relevant that made them delete the charge off's.

I have tried with CFPB and the OC came back with a letter & response stating that all information is accurate & charge offs cant be removed. I m working on it now!!!! the original application for that card was made in 1990 with another lender then CitiBank acquired that account in 2007 and Citibank were very specific about the dates it went into chargeoff or leading into chargeoffs. Its only been a year. Now this account with Citibank was sent to collection agency that i had dv'd and got a response after 45 days of sending a validation letter. the response was that they sent me 1 year of most recent 2011-2012 statements with my name. Now, the collection agency missed the 30 day deadline and i had requested 623 verification. But then i also first had CRA verify and then went ahead and placed a complaint with CFPB, but without success.

Is there anything more i can do. The chargeoff is really very recent.

Edited by energizer

i complained with all four agencys seems they were all forworded to the controller of the currency, I based the complaints around the fact that they ignored my request to validate.

i complained with all four agencys seems they were all forworded to the controller of the currency, I based the complaints around the fact that they ignored my request to validate.

Have you heard back from them yet? Let me know. I wanna do same thing with some Collectors i had requested validation some years ago and never received any validation back? I have their CMRRR greencards with me.

got a letter today from them saying they forworded all the information to sherman financial blah blah blah. and if i had any other questions concerning the account to contact them not sure if that was a respose to my complaint or the 623 dispute i sent a few weeks back, either way i think im going to begin to draft a ITS packet for them. One way or the other they will get sick of me LOL. I have no respect for these sub prime CC companies.

I find myself in the same situation & want to bang their heads. I would so much appreciate if you woulld PM me what you send these people as an ITS letter i suppose.

got a letter today from them saying they forworded all the information to sherman financial blah blah blah. and if i had any other questions concerning the account to contact them not sure if that was a respose to my complaint or the 623 dispute i sent a few weeks back, either way i think im going to begin to draft a ITS packet for them. One way or the other they will get sick of me LOL. I have no respect for these sub prime CC companies.

Ok so I followed this procedure and filed a complaint against HSBC which is now being collected by Capital One.

Ofcourse I called HSBC and they told me that they dont have any documentation on this account and that it was all fwd to the collection agency. I wrote down the rep id number and included it in my complaint.

NOW, I have received a call from Capital one office of the president. They left me a vm wanting to speak to me about the complaint I filed through Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Should I call back? What should I tell them? I am sorry. I am a newbie trying to clean up my credit. Please help!

Edited by Eiffel0925