salwia2003

After Settlement, How Long Until Credit Report Update?

Hey, this is kind of a followup to my last thread. I need to know in order to know how to proceed. I settled an AMEX account with a collector on 6/27. My credit report was updated again with negative information on 6/26. Should AMEX update the credit report as settled soon? Should they have done it by now? Or do I need to wait until 7/26 if that is when they do their monthly reporting (I honestly don't know). If creditors usually update right after the settlement, I suppose I might need to get in touch with the collector again. Last time they told me to wait. Thanks for any help!

Was the check made out to the CA or AMEX? Did you get the agreement in writing?

If you actually did pay AMEX, it will probably take 60-90 days to update.

Was the check made out to the CA or AMEX? Did you get the agreement in writing?

If you actually did pay AMEX, it will probably take 60-90 days to update.

Hey Willingtocope. The check was made out to the CA and I had the agreement in writing. If I paid it to the CA, do you think it should still take 60-90 days? Thanks!

Really hard to tell. Depends on the terms of the agreement, and whether AMEX actually signed off on it. You really can't trust anything a CA tells you (or writes you, for that matter). There job is to get you to pay money...they do not have your best interest in mind. Just keep an eye on your reports and see what happens.