ScottBW

Trying to settle Judgement - OC or CA?

I have a judgment against me from 2007 and I just had a collection agency contact me to collect the money. I sent them a DV and they returned a copy of the original Judgment. It appears I need to try and settle this but I am not sure who I should try to settle with. The OC or the CA?

Ok, I should also mention when they sent back a copy of the original judgment they sent a letter saying I had 10 days to send them the total balance. If I am trying to work out a deal with the OC and it goes over the 10 day deadline from the CA is their anything I should worry about? In my DV letter I stated I would need thirty days to investigate but they disregarded that.

Ok so a little update, I contacted the OC and they are telling me my account was referred to mid michigan collection bureau and that I would have to refer all offers to them. Is there any truth to that?

I would like to see willingtocope's take on this.

How do you get the OC to talk to you?

I had an amex with a CA, tried to call amex, the gave me some story that they could only provide me with the CA info and that they could not even document the call as it is now with a CA (assigned to a CA, not sold.)

I sent them an email with the case number from the judgment. Its all confusing to me because when you look it up on my credit report it says Paid, 0 balance. To me it sounds like it was sold but they tell me they referred it and not sold it. So I am kind of in limbo trying to look info up. And when I look up the people representing them they dont appear to be JDBers. The website for them is mmcbonline

If the OC's TL says "Paid" with a $0 balance they sold it...or are violating FCRA rules regarding the true nature of the debt.

Since there is already a judgement...and that's what was sold to the JDB...fighting it in court may be tough. They can easily show the judgement without having to show the debt behind it.

Sounds like you might want to see if there is a www.naca.net lawyer in your area you can talk to...