Fairy Enchantress

How did Zuckerberg get a 1% mortgage?

He has the money to buy a lot of points on it. It's at 85%, but he appears to be good for the $5.95M, I'd say. I don't expect that loan to default.

Guest usctrojanalum

When you have that kind of cash you can take chances on an adjustable rate mortgage, because if the rate jumps to 9% you can just pay off the loan and not worry about it. Whereas if the average Joe gets an adjustable rate and his rate jumps to 9% he is in foreclosure.

I guess the reason he is a billionaire is not because he is stupid, but I get the reason behind the 1% as not really costing him money, but with all that money what is 5.9 million really.

If I had the money, I'd loan it to him at .000!%. Talk about somebody being good for the loan.

I guess the reason he is a billionaire is not because he is stupid, but I get the reason behind the 1% as not really costing him money, but with all that money what is 5.9 million really.

If I had the money, I'd loan it to him at .000!%. Talk about somebody being good for the loan.

Not that there is any similarity between them but they said the same thing about Bernie Madoff.