Sign in to follow this  

5+ years after judgment in AZ. Now What

Recommended Posts

I have a judgement that was filed against me in the state of AZ in May of 2007. Ultimately I want to take care of this the fastest most efficient way I can. I will try to provide as much details as I can remember.

The debt was from a CC MBNA (I think) from when I was in college in Louisiana, probably around 2000.

I moved to SC in 2001-2002

NCO portfolio purchased the debt from MBNA in June, 2003.

I moved to AZ in November of 2003

The Judgement was filed in AZ in May 2007.

I moved to NC in July 2008

I moved to KS in 2011 where I now live.

I recently found out about the judgement over the past few months. I have contacted NCO and they have since gotten rid of the debt to another debt collector.

From my research the Judgement has not been renewed. In the sate of AZ the statue of limitations is 5 years.

What are my options as far as removing this from my credit? If that is at all possible

Should I file to vacate the judgement? Since NCO no longer carries this debt I don't imagine would even care.

If I file to vacate the judgement and win then what the heck do I do?

I read on hear in a different thread about purging the judgement?

which is better try to vacate or purge.

Since it has been so long should I just wait it out another few years? the judgement will only stay on my credit for 7 years correct?

I know I have allot of questions and I am just beginning my research I am not sure which way I should go or how to proceed.

Thank you for any and all advice

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judgments are good for 5 years in AZ. After that, they can be renewed 1 more time for 5 years...

If it has not been renewed, they may let it expire...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to kansas as luck would have it we have a NCO located 11214 Renner Boulevard Lenexa, KS 66219 (913) 402-1333.

How to Dispute Credit Report Errors


Your Name

Your Address, City, State, Zip Code

Complaint Department

Name of Company


City, State, Zip Code

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following information in my file. I have circled the items I dispute on the attached copy of the report I received.

This item (identify item(s) disputed by name of source, such as creditors or tax court, and identify type of item, such as credit account, judgment, etc.) is (inaccurate or incomplete) because (describe what is inaccurate or incomplete and why). I am requesting that the item be removed (or request another specific change) to correct the information.

Enclosed are copies of (use this sentence if applicable and describe any enclosed documentation, such as payment records and court documents) supporting my position. Please reinvestigate this (these) matter(s) and (delete or correct) the disputed item(s) as soon as possible.


Your name

Enclosures: (List what you are enclosing.)

Edited by racecar

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look up and read the following 2 statutes. If they haven't filed an affidavit to renew them, it would appear it's too late, but read the statutes anyway to make sure.

A.R.S. §§ 12-1551

A.R.S. §§ 12-1612

Also, if I'm not mistaken, judgments are only enforceable for 5 years in KS, as well. You should contact a consumer attorney and ask if a judgment that has not been renewed in another state can be transferred to or domesticated in KS.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this