I need your help...

ILLINIERV

I had my personal information(identity) taken and used to open several accounts I followed the steps to correct the theft file a police report and contact the ftc also send all that to the credit bureaus all the items were taken off but now they are being sold is that fair can they sell them and what can I do.

help please:(

I had my personal information(identity) taken and used to open several accounts I followed the steps to correct the theft file a police report and contact the ftc also send all that to the credit bureaus all the items were taken off but now they are being sold is that fair can they sell them and what can I do.

help please:(

Legaly They have to delete the accounts and tradelines. Send the police report and FTC letter to any collection agency that contacts you and to the OC

• 3 months later...

I would be sending written demands for information about how and where the thief signed up with my name, including demands for all documentation such as forms filled out by the thief, and a full record of every charge including merchant account number and location (to look for patterns in the thief's behavior). I'd say things like "failure to respond will be treated as interference in a criminal investigation". If I have not yet gotten answers from OCs for a particular account when a DC comes calling, then I will send the DC all the same demands. All demands would be sent CMRRR so they will know I know they got it.

• 7 months later...

I think you should take help from any best identity theft prevention services like lifelock, keepmy.org, etc. You can find all information about services on websites.

These services don't help much beyond the notification phase.