ADSOFT

How many of us are on facebook.

Are any of you guys on facebook?

• Like 1

You won't catch me on any social media sites. News always reports to many things going wrong on them. Besides, would rather spend my time on here.

You won't catch me on any social media sites. News always reports to many things going wrong on them. Besides, would rather spend my time on here.

Oh Facebook is the best comedy show in town. You get tools that report when they are leaving for the gym, they are at the gym, they just finished their first set at the gym, they are waiting on the bench press machine and the horrible form the person on the bench press is using, all the way to showering and then heading for McDonalds.

Then they update their status they are in a long drive through line at McDonalds.

But the best is the married couples that live together telling each other they love each other while they are sitting in the same room, dinner is ready or come downstairs and take the dog outside. :ROFLMAO2:

Still does not beat the married couples, but how about this one I saw the other day.

"I'm at Chili's, should I get the chicken salad or a hamburger. I'm feeling naughty and thinking hamburger. Help somebody talk me out of getting the hamburger, today is not my diet cheat day"

Then when the chicken salad arrives they take a picture of the salad and post on their Facebook page to "prove" they did not cheat on their diet and to thank all the people that supported them by steering them away from the hamburger. :ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2::ROFLMAO2:

Tom you really need to get a Facebook page. Ton of morons you've not seen or heard from in 20 years will swamp you with friend requests, and you will have a couple of hundred of friends in a few weeks. Because all of those friends that send you requests, their friends will also send you requests. It's the most ridicolous thing you've ever seen.

Then you can sit back and laugh your a$$ off at them pretty much 24 hours a day if you want. These tools do NOTHING without posting it on Facebook. I keep waiting on the "bring me some toilet paper baby" or "you left the toilet seat up" It's a riot, give it a try.

• Like 2

Here are the status updates on my page right now-

"Taking a breather!"

"I feel like a fine wine, I get even better with age!!!"

"My brain needs a break."

"bout to grub at Pizza Hut"

"Kid just brought me a "DNA potion" in a water bottle. It's water mixed with soap, dust balls, cheez its, German Shepherd fur, glitter and 4 cheerios. I don't know if I should be impressed or scared. Future chemist."

"I just want to let the man of my life know just how much i love him, youre the greatest baby LOVE YOU BUNCHES" There it is !!!!!! 6th status update out of a totally random time during the day, it never fails.

"Steaks on the grill"

"I don't know why some people have to lie and can't just tell the truth ..... Must be because there sneaking around."

Hey but I did just find out George Jefferson died. Lot of RIP George Jefferson posts.

Now Tom are you really saying you can live without having this type of information available at your finger tips.

And the guy that started this is a muti-billionaire. :shock:

• Like 1

Lmao @ coltfan....so true, every bit of it! I miss the free entertainment. I removed myself from that stalker. I started realizing that the damn thing knew way too much about me. For example, when it told me that I "might know" my landlord, it weirded me out. I didn't have any friends in this town, so how the hell did fb know that I might know the guy who lived in this house before me? I figured one of two things....fb finds my home address by using my IP, or the GPS tells fb my home address? Either way, too creepy for me, so I bailed, deleted my account. Plus, I don't want to give the creditors one more tool to stalk me ;-)

I'm on Freakbook. Most people on there tend to be narcissists or voyeurs who are prone to posting every time they sneeze or make a bathroom run, and who really can't be bothered reading more than a headline. xsheepx

I find some valuable info on there every once in a blue moon. Believe one quarter of what you see and you'll be ok. :lol:

i love facebook because i care what people i wasnt friends with in high school are doing. i love seeing pictures of babies, cats, and dogs all day. i also love reading about people going to the gym, and getting invites to play games.

For me, it's creeping into what was formely LinkedIn-only territory. So many of my business associates want to be friends on Facebook. It slows down my usage.

I know I can put everyone in buckets and only share certain stuff with certain buckets, but I can't put that kind of time into Disneyland pictures.

But the best is the married couples that live together telling each other they love each other while they are sitting in the same room, dinner is ready or come downstairs and take the dog outside. :ROFLMAO2:

When did I approve your friend request...? :)++

I'm on there. I use to live 2000 miles away from any family and that is why I created it, to share pictures easily with those I don't live near.

I love Coltfan's interpretation of fb! really accurate.

I mostly stalk people, rarely post, but it's always interesting to see who responds when I do :) guess you know whos paying attention.

I limit who my friends are and my page is set to private. I've never fully understood why people air their dirty laundry on their networking sites but I DO not.

I do not have co workers as friends on fb.

I am , but never go there anymore. It has been months.

I also have a business page there, but do not keep it updated.

Maybe being paranoid, but do not want the OCs, JDBs, CAs figuring

that I am in a better position then I am....

Yes it is entertaining, however................

Twitter? I stopped that within the first week of getting an account

cause I did not like the fact that someone was following me.

Me?

Already have been cyber stalked and once is enough.

My kids set me up so they could use the chat with me, and I've friended a lot of my genealogy contacts and cousins on there, makes it easy to share albums of family and identify each others mystery pictures and work on genealogy.

My wife has her business on there and it generates sales, so do the marketplace pages that she started, son has a business that relies heavily on facebook to communicate with his customers, and it has helped me with both hobby and business, over 1,000 likes on one of my pages,

On the other hand the game requests, "inspirational" posters, and weird updates are about enough to make you gag. Then of course its an election year, a person I've known for 40 years blocked me because I called him out on some posts that were outright fabrications. I like a good debate but lets keep it on the planet (this one)

facebook is a tool, all depends on how you use it

Despite the security aspects involved in using these 'social networks'; I've never seen the entertainment value. Different sense of humor, I guess.

As a side comment on another 'social network':

Only twits tweet on Twitter !

"Kafkaesque" is the best description I can think of!   What if your "friend" is on a "terrist" watch list?  You may be screwed and don't know it ....................................... yet.

Let me throw in my best Boris Karloff laugh ... ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

NSA collects millions of e-mail address books globally By Barton Gellman and Ashkan Soltani, Published: October 14

The National Security Agency is harvesting hundreds of millions of contact lists from personal e-mail and instant messaging accounts around the world, many of them belonging to Americans, according to senior intelligence officials and top-secret documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

The collection program, which has not been disclosed before, intercepts e-mail address books and “buddy lists” from instant messaging services as they move across global data links. Online services often transmit those contacts when a user logs on, composes a message, or synchronizes a computer or mobile device with information stored on remote servers.

Rather than targeting individual users, the NSA is gathering contact lists in large numbers that amount to a sizable fraction of the world’s e-mail and instant messaging accounts. Analysis of that data enables the agency to search for hidden connections and to map relationships within a much smaller universe of foreign intelligence targets.

During a single day last year, the NSA’s Special Source Operations branch collected 444,743 e-mail address books from Yahoo, 105,068 from Hotmail, 82,857 from Facebook, 33,697 from Gmail and 22,881 from unspecified other providers, according to an internal NSA PowerPoint presentation. Those figures, described as a typical daily intake in the document, correspond to a rate of more than 250 million a year.

Each day, the presentation said, the NSA collects contacts from an estimated 500,000 buddy lists on live-chat services as well as from the inbox displays of Web-based e-mail accounts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-collects-millions-of-e-mail-address-books-globally/2013/10/14/8e58b5be-34f9-11e3-80c6-7e6dd8d22d8f_print.html

I am so happy to know millions and millions of our tax dollars are going to the NSA so they can spy on the ones paying their salaries.  UNREAL!

Why Facebook is in Decline.

Facebook loses millions of users as biggest markets peak

Facebook Users DROP In U.S.

Reseachers say Facebook membership will drop 80 percent by 2017.