Sign in to follow this  
HeadMongoose

Ordered to Mediation again Cavalry - Also Disclosure Statement

So I'm being sued by Cavalry SPV I LLC and here is the previous info about my case.

I've been ordered to mediation on August 28th. I need some help getting an idea of what shall be done at mediation and things to look out for.

Also I've been given a disclosure statement for, here are my responses:

1. What are the facts support the claim.

The Plaintiff has made a wholly unsupported claim for damages based upon the unproven alleged purchase of a credit card debt which Plaintiff alleges was originally defendant's account.

2. A description of the damage(s) and copies of any exhibits that show how you calculated the dollar value of the damages claimed. Bring a copy of these documents / exhibits to any Pretrial Conference which may be scheduled (see 5A below).

The Defendant did not make any such calculation. This matter should be addressed by the claimant.

3. What law supports your claim(s):

Defendant makes no claim other than Plaintiff cannot make his case. The Rules of evidence, common law, and statutory requirements apply.

4. List of Witnesses

Defendant has no intention of calling any witnesses at this time.

5. Documents and Other Information

A. Any documents or evidence which would be available for review by the court which supports your claim(s). Bring a copy of these documents . exhibits or a description of the evidence to any Pretrial Conference which may be scheduled.

B. Any other information, documents or witnesses of which you may have knowledge, pertaining to this matter.

Defendant has no such documents to produce independent of what Plaintiff has produced. Discovery is incomplete.

What do you folks think?

Edited by HeadMongoose
Spelling error

Most of those do sound like questions for the other side.

My answer to every question which would have to do with "your side of the story" so to speak, would be.

"I (Defendant) am/is not legally liable to the Plaintiff"

In other words, I don't have to disprove a dang thing. Notice I do not not say you are not "liable" to the Plaintiff, but are not "legally" liable, all the difference in the world.