2012 presidential election effects on consumer debt?

wipedout

First, I understand that political discussions are not usually welcome in online forums. This thread isn't about which political party I affiliate myself with, or which party you do. Politics isn't my strong suit, so I'm looking for some insight.

I'm just curious to hear opinions on what effect, if any, the results of the presidential election will have on those of us who are battling with bad debt right now? To be more specific, I'm looking at somewhat of a substantial amount of debt that will be in "charge off" timeframe, at +/- 30 days of election day. Just curious if and when I should make the gamble to completely stiff them, or settle up. Already have a big amount coming after me for collections, but I've been ignoring them. That one, if they file suit, will trigger the bk, if I lose the suit, if and when they file.

I would assume that the election results might sway the banks, one way or the other, regarding how they decide to handle their non performing debts. I'm still with the OC.

Opinions?

I was talking to a long time gold and silver buyer (40 years) the other day he is in the market side of it every day and he is saying that a Romney win is going to create a gold market that will spike up to 4,000 an ounce and silver up to about 300 or more.

We didn't have a chance to get into it as deep as I wanted to as some other customers came in that I had to take care of. I thought it was interesting.

As far as what the banks will do with delinquentt debt, well if they don't care why you can't pay the bill why should they care about the election results?

If the economy collapses maybe you'll get sued by China One instead of Cap One,

antiquedave said:

If the economy collapses maybe you'll get sued by China One instead of Cap One,

Who is owner of hsbc bank?

HSBC Holdings Plc. is the company that owns HSBC bank. HSBC stands for Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation and it is headquartered in London, England. It is one of the world's largest banks...

Read more: Who are the owners of HSBC