Sign in to follow this  
Mrs_Huffy

Colorado SOL...

I have looked here on the board and it says that the SOL for Colorado is 3 years for CC accounts...

However, when I have googled online it says that the SOL is 6 years across the board for everything in Colorado. Does anyone know a link that could spell out for me the SOL in CO and what it applies to?

Thank you!

From experience. The SOL in Colorado is 6 years. Attack standing, affidavits, and anything else the JDB provides.

Would you mind browsing my post in the lawyer form? I have specific info on my case in Colorado and would really appreciate input from someone who has done the same in my state. :)

Thanks!! I can link it if you need me too.

well I did a google and two that I looked up from what I can tell came up 3 years so unless its changed law recently.

Colorado Statutes of Limitations

Colorado Debt Collection - Statutes of Limitations - Colorado Springs Attorney Robert D. Gustafson

This is from your second link...

CRS 13-80-103.5. General limitation of actions - six years.

(1) The following actions shall be commenced within six years after the cause of action accrues, and not thereafter:

(a) All actions to recover a liquidated debt or an unliquidated, determinable amount of money due to the person bringing the action, all actions for the enforcement of rights set forth in any instrument securing the payment of or evidencing any debt, and all actions of replevin to recover the possession of personal property encumbered under any instrument securing any debt; except that actions to recover pursuant to CRS 38-35-124.5 (3) shall be commenced within one year;

(B) All actions for arrears of rent;

© All actions brought under CRS 13-21-109, except actions brought under CRS 13-21-109 (2);

(d) All actions by the public employees' retirement association to collect unpaid contributions from employers for persons who are not members or inactive members at the time the association first notifies an employer of its claim for unpaid contributions. This paragraph (d) shall apply to causes of action as provided in CRS 24-51-402(2)

(e) All actions brought for restitution and civil penalties pursuant to CRS 26-4-1104.

There are some sites that say CC debt is considered contract law and therefore 3 years is the SOL. But most everything that I can find, says 6 years. Even this site has the CC limit as 3 years, but most everything that I can find says 6 years...

SOL for CO CCs is 6yrs. However, CO allows for choice law so if your contract states they will follow the law of DE, DE's SOL is 3 yrs. I believe Discover uses DE law

I recently asked an Attorney that I hired for some legal advice about this exact thing.  The summons I received was right at the 3 years limit so I was wondering if I fell within the 3 year SOL I also googled.  He indicated to me that normally it is 3 years, but for credit card debt it is 6 years in colorado.