80chrisgomez

Timeshare advice

I had a timeshare and due to circumstances, I wasn’t able to keep it, it defaulted on April 2007, its showing on my credit report as a foreclosure for the amount of $19,295, I found out that it got resold for $24,300. Is there anything I can do to try to remove this from my credit report.

Yes usually the bank would keep whatever was needed to repay the loan and you should get the rest.

.... its showing on my credit report as a foreclosure for the amount of $19,295, I found out that it got resold for $24,300. Is there anything I can do to try to remove this from my credit report.

As for the foreclosure showing on your credit report, if it happened it could be on there for at least 10 years. By disputing it, the CB's are going to verify it happened...

I agree that your former bank owes you some money. If they sold the property and paid off your former loan. Anything extra - minus the cost to list and sell, should by reimbursed back to you. This is how larger banks operate. If this was a smaller bank, you need to look at your closing papers when you took the loan out when you brought your time share.

$5000 difference.... it might be worth taking this to court....