byegone

OCC Probing Chase ~ Question

"Office of the Comptroller of the Currency forced the bank to stop suing delinquent borrowers altogether last year....."

My question is can I write rogs and admissions directed to (JDB) on the OCC Chase Probe?

My account was one of Chases at the time this all went down, then it was sold to JDB .... my question is can I throw in some Rogs or Addmissions based on this investigation by OCC? and if so I need some help wording the questions.

Here's the links to the articles... I apologize if this has been posted before.

OCC Probing JPMorgan Chase Credit Card Collections - American Banker Article

JPM Chase Quietly Halts Suits Over Consumer Debts - American Banker Article

I would say yes but don't mention the cases you just did. Use that later in your brief in support of a motion. Just design the question for the answer you will be pointing to later at trial. They will think it is vague and won't understand why your asking that ROG or Doc request and object because it is over burdensome. It will come back to haunt them at trial.

Hopefully others will weigh in , I ain't no lawyer but am learning a little.:wink:

I WOULD NEED SOME ACTUAL CASE LAWS ON THIS INVESTIGATION / PROBE by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Or some documentation by the OCC in order to bring this up in the Brief? or else wouldn't it be just hearsay published in American Banker?

Anyone know of anything I can use here? apparently Chase kept this hush hush, settled with the whistleblower and gag ordered her (Almonte a former chase employee).

QUOTE ""Few details of the OCC's investigation are available, but current and former Chase employees confirm that staffers from the agency's enforcement division spent two months gathering information in the San Antonio facility late last year. A person familiar with the OCC's review says that the regulator is taking the situation very seriously.

This is the first article in a series that will look at what allegedly went wrong in Chase's credit card litigation operation — and how those missteps could roil the banking and debt collection industries.""

You really do not need to focus on the OCC probe as there are many more cases out there that will tear Chase to shreds. Look up Linda Almonte v Chase Bankcard Services. Her affidavit has been floating around on the internet for a while, although I can not seem to come up with it right now. I think Chase has been running around trying to get rid of it. Since Linda Almonte has been mentioned in this thread she may be along shortly to comment as she is a member and available to provide expert testimony.

Also look at Parricai Farley v. Chase Bank, USA, N.A, you will get a wealth of information from that case as well. Although the consumer lost, she lost $85.22 when Chase was seeking $14,931 on an account stated only because she admitted to the $85.22. In that case the courts found all sorts of discrepancies in their records and called them untrustworthy. Again this should give you some ideas of where to start digging and what things to look for.

Volusia County FL Credit Card Lawsuit By Chase Bank | FDCPA - Fair Debt Collection Practices Act

You really do not need to focus on the OCC probe as there are many more cases out there that will tear Chase to shreds. Look up Linda Almonte v Chase Bankcard Services. Her affidavit has been floating around on the internet for a while, although I can not seem to come up with it right now. I think Chase has been running around trying to get rid of it. Since Linda Almonte has been mentioned in this thread she may be along shortly to comment as she is a member and available to provide expert testimony.

Also look at Parricai Farley v. Chase Bank, USA, N.A, you will get a wealth of information from that case as well. Although the consumer lost, she lost $85.22 when Chase was seeking $14,931 on an account stated only because she admitted to the $85.22. In that case the courts found all sorts of discrepancies in their records and called them untrustworthy. Again this should give you some ideas of where to start digging and what things to look for.

Volusia County FL Credit Card Lawsuit By Chase Bank | FDCPA - Fair Debt Collection Practices Act

Unless I'm looking at the wrong case, I don't understand the information in the link you provided. The article claims there was a bench trial on Nov. 17, 2010. If you go to the FL 4th District Court of Appeals and search the opinions on Nov. 17, 2010, the Farley case is not there.

Google Scholar has the Farley case. It was in the 4th District, but the case was decided June 9, 2010, and Farley lost. The judgment in favor of Chase from the lower court was affirmed by the appeals court.

If you search June, 2010 cases on the 4th District website, the case is there, and it's the same one as on Google Scholar.

Farley v. CHASE BANK - Google Scholar

Florida's Fourth District Court of Appeals Website - 2008 PCA's

Edited by BV80

I'm not necessarily looking to shred Chase. Chase is NOT suing me.

CHASE sold this account to JDB that is suing me.

So I'm entertaining ideas on how to raise material issues, reasonable doubt as to Chases admission of their own shoddy record keeping.

For if the Original Creditor, Chase, admitted to shoddy record keeping of their defaulted accounts then how can A JDB then possibly prove the validity of this alleged defaulted debt? Even if the JDB provides an affidavit from someone at CHASE that alleges to have personal knowledge of Chases record keeping procedures and practices - how could this fly??

You would probably have to hire somebody like Linda Almonte as an expert witness. Articles talking about OCC decisions won't work. Even so, your claim that your particular account was improperly kept based upon Chase's previous activities is speculative. You'd have to prove this. It is foundational, as it casts doubt on the entire case, but it is not going to be a slam dunk where you walk into court and get a dismissal based on an OCC report.

You would probably have to hire somebody like Linda Almonte as an expert witness. Articles talking about OCC decisions won't work. Even so, your claim that your particular account was improperly kept based upon Chase's previous activities is speculative. You'd have to prove this. It is foundational, as it casts doubt on the entire case, but it is not going to be a slam dunk where you walk into court and get a dismissal based on an OCC report.

Just saw this... No I know... I'm dont think it will do much of anything but cast a little doubt, so I guess it can't hurt, and this is all contingent on them MSJ and providing an Affi from a purported Chase employee... but of course hopefully it shouldn't even get to this stage of the game. :mrgreen: