Doggybiscuits

Just had Motion for Summary Judgment against Midland Funding Semi Victory

Today was my hearing on Plaintiffs Motion for Summary Judgment. When Plaintiff's counsel arrived they asked to speak with me and offered a settlement. I said no thank you. So we get in the courtroom and the Judge says to the Plaintiff "its your motion so you go first" He then says, "Judge the Defendant has presented her oppostion to summary judgment that shows there are material issues for trial" So the Judge affirmed the trial. Has anyone has experience with Midland that think they will dismiss after this. I have a counterclaim so do you think they may want to do a mutual dismissal?

Edited by Doggybiscuits
"Judge the Defendant has presented her oppostion to summary judgment that shows there are material issues for trial"

Oh that is just so great!! Translation- Your Honor, we never in our wildest dreams expected this litigant to call our bluff. Your Honor there is no way in this world we are getting ready to argue this load of b.s. summary judgement motion we filed. No sir Your Honor, no way we are going to stand in front of you humiliated while a pro se consumer just whips the dog crap out of us.

We want a do over Your Honor, sorry for wasting your time, but again, we are shocked this consumer called our bluff.