MisterBFD

If I defeat a JDB in court...

If I get a suit dismissed due to lack of standing, can the JDB then sell my account to another JDB or does my victory end the chain?

Beer is right. If you get it dismissed before a trial then it will almost certaintely be without prejudice. If you take it to trial and beat them because of lack of standing, then the dismissal will almost be guaranteed to be with prejudice (like criminal court double jeopardy).

In most jurisdicitons if you get a dismissal on a motion for summary judgment (with or without prejudice) the other side has to pay costs and fees. This can discourage resale on a tertiary market since the JDB had to pay out. Another JDB may not be willing to risk the loss.

But none of them answered the question correctly.

Whatever the Judge rules does not stop them from selling the account to another (just as stupid and just as immoral) JDB who will probably repeat all of JDB#1's mistakes and violations. Play your cards right and you have an annuity here.

Bravo two, six, niner,two, six, you are clear for landing on runway one eight left,,,fly straight in.....

Houston the Eagle has landed.....they will sell it what is stopping them....not ATC, unless one of them fell asleep again.

In most jurisdicitons if you get a dismissal on a motion for summary judgment (with or without prejudice) the other side has to pay costs and fees. This can discourage resale on a tertiary market since the JDB had to pay out. Another JDB may not be willing to risk the loss.

And a bigger risk, too, because the particular debt has already been found to be not owned by the seller, so the new JDB is holding worthless paper.

If I get a suit dismissed due to lack of standing, can the JDB then sell my account to another JDB or does my victory end the chain?

yes. some will hound you forever no matter how long. ignore them if the SOL is up.