skotm

Court Reporter

Hello all,

My case if it goes to court is next Monday.

I am in NJ special civil court under 3k.

I see it is suggested several times to get a court reporter incase you want to appeal the decision later, and to keep the judge a bit more honest.

Does anyone know how to go about doing this? Do I talk to the court, or hire an outside agency?

This is from the section that describes appeals. It appears that youll have a court reporter, I never heard of anybody bringing their own to court.

You also must obtain a transcript (a copy of the record of what happened in court) of the trial. The request for a transcript should be made to the Office of the Clerk of the Special Civil Part in the county in which the case was tried. You must deposit with the Clerk the estimated cost of the transcript (as determined by the court reporter, Clerk, or agency preparing it) or $300 for each day or part of a day of the trial. You must file three copies of the transcript with the Office of the Clerk of the Appellate Division. Questions concerning an appeal should be directed to the Office of the Clerk of the Appellate Division at 609-292 4822, or to an attorney

Thank you again Bruno, I read that to but for some reason I was under the impression I had to tel lthe court i wanted one. You read it the same way I did so I think ill be fine, Im jsut getting nerves this week!

Most larger courts record everything on tape and transcribe a record if you request from that.

I thought that most of the time if they don't they have a reporter there.

Most case's I observered (jury duty sucks) are recorded somehow.