Equifax refuses to correct my address

Send a certified letter (return receipt requested) to the bureau with a copy of a current electric or other utility bill (redact any sensitive info) and demand the address be deleted and the correct one show on the report.

Do NOT discuss whose address it was or what reason it was originally there.

Just demand it be removed post haste and send something to validate the new or current address.

They will do it.

Regards,

Send a certified letter (return receipt requested) to the bureau with a copy of a current electric or other utility bill (redact any sensitive info) and demand the address be deleted and the correct one show on the report.

Do NOT discuss whose address it was or what reason it was originally there.

Just demand it be removed post haste and send something to validate the new or current address.

They will do it.

Regards,

Thanks, but that doesn't help, as I'm talking about past addresses.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting in old address off can sometimes be tricky and I would just keep trying, a lot of people give up after a couple of times.

I've used different tactics in past. Tell the bureaus that the multiple addresses makes me look like a criminal that moves plave to place, or maybe tell them that the old address belongs to someone you know and they keep getting your personal mail delivered to them and you are worried about your privacy.

You can also try to find out what creditor is reporting that address and contact that creditor to update their records, it is okay if it is a collection agent (they should have your address anyway so they can't sneak a lawsuit by you)

Hope that helps.

Danny Garcia