queenofwands

Should I call back CA inquiring about dispute with CRA?

I'm about halfway into my 30-days with the first round of disputes I sent to CRAs, and I just received a call (voicemail) on my cellphone from one of the CAs I'm disputing, saying that he was "responding to a dispute I did on my credit report" and if I could please call him back. I doubt it's worth mentioning, but he called me from a "Blocked" number. What do I do?

If it's for the account I THINK it's for (credit card), the DOFD would have been sometime in 2006 at the latest, so it went out of SOL in 2010. The account was sold to a JDB in 7/08, and the JDB is no longer reporting the TL, only this CA is. The report says it's scheduled to continue on record until 1/14. I disputed it as not being my account, but they are also reporting that the account responsibility was joint with my mom, which is absolutely not true. The only account I've ever had with my mom was an auto loan which was paid off perfectly, and the amount of this tradeline is close to that amount (~$18k), and twice what the original balance was (~$9k).

So what do I have to work with here? I know I'm not supposed to correspond with CAs over the phone. I'm afraid if I do speak with them I'm going to somehow incriminate myself...but if I don't respond, will I cause trouble for myself by not cooperating with their attempt to validate the information?

Also, is my understanding correct that if anything is inaccurate within the TL, the CRA has to delete the whole record? This is one of 8 entries I'm disputing with EX, and 6 I'm disputing with TU...

First off - it's that's really your photo - your hot.

OK - from the appearance of everything, the alleged debt is SOL. What he probably wants you to do, is to call - where he will berate you into making a payment - which restarts the SOL clock.

If anything - write the CA a letter - in response to the call. Let them know that you only want to deal with them in writing... best case, they go away. Better case they violate the FDCPA and Rosenthal...

Thanks so much for the reply! Even if I did speak to them on the phone, they wouldn't get a dime out of me...so no concern about resetting SOL. I'm just more concerned about saying the wrong thing, saying too much, etc. and having it used against me in some way in my attempt to get stuff removed from my reports. I'll send them a letter.

Can someone answer my question about what is qualifying to get the whole TL deleted? Is the fact that they are inaccurately reporting that my mom is on the account enough to get it deleted? If my mom were to challenge it, would it delete it for both of us? Or would they be able to just delete it off hers?

You will have to dispute it with the bureaus - send a dispute letter via certified mail. You will need a paper trail to build an FCRA case, because you may need to file suit - either against the bureaus or the company furnishing the info - or both.