Date opened & 1st reported: re-aging by CA

Been_Ponzied

I have some collection accounts that apparently have re-aged my debt to 3 years later, as reported on the "Date Opened" and "First Reported" boxes.

Who do I write to to fix these, the OC or the CA?

I tried disputing it and all the CRA did was to note it is disputed. That didn't help at all.

I have to wait until these fall off my report, but I"m not waiting 3 years longer than I should have to!

Thanks.

The important date is the "date of first delinquency" with the OC. Dispute that...if the CA doesn't report it, they're in violation of the FCRA and FDCPA.

None of my credit reports except Equifax have "date of first delinquency." And no one at all seems to report that date to them! Its totally blank on all items.

Edited by Been_Ponzied

how do you think they've been re-aged?

if the CA's entry has a recent "date of payment" or "date opened", that's normal...and only refers to the time the account in their office was opened. That does NOT re-age the entry on the CR.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/855114-post10.html

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forums/855115-post11.html

how do you think they've been re-aged?

if the CA's entry has a recent "date of payment" or "date opened", that's normal...and only refers to the time the account in their office was opened. That does NOT re-age the entry on the CR.

Because the only dates that are filled in are "date opened" and "first reported," not the date of first delinquency. The accounts don't have a secret date that only the CRA knows, do they? It says on one of your links that the "CRAs have it on file." Since when do they have secret information that we can't get?

Edited by Been_Ponzied

the entries of the CA that have "date opened" and "first reported" do NOT pertain to the original default...they pertain only to the CA's entry. They do NOT re-age the account.

And yes, EX and TU don't typically show the DOFD, but it does get reported to them

Thanks for answering, but I still say its irrational that they have the original default date as secret and we can't get it.