admin

Some warning signs

I talk to families about this all the time. I've heard and seen the horror stories. There are a couple of non-profit organizations that help families deal with creditors if they need help to stay on track (discipline), but 99% of them will steal your money and leave you hanging.

I talked to one family who had been paying a monthly fee for 2 years to get their credit straightened out. At first, the creditors stopped contacting him, so he thought, "Wonderful!"

Then they started harrassing him again. He wondered what was going on. He gave me his paperwork. I discovered they were taking his money and paying less than the minimum payments on each of his accounts. He actually then owed more than he did 2 years prior!

Fortunately, we were able to get him out of the program and without his paying a cent, we developed a plan whereby he could get his debt paid off in a couple of years on his own.

It's insane, if you create a debt and then hire someone to pay that debt dosen't make sense to start with, but on top of that paying a company to do it for you is the same as playing with a loaded gun, the only difference is the money involved. Here in the states you got to be with 5 eyes so your regular bills are right, yes AT&T, dish network, and sometimes even FPL, send me bogus bills, so I got to call them on a regular bases maybe every two months, to dispute some item, and it always the same, it's an error, unfortunatly its always in thier favor, they never miss on that/ This month AT&T decided to rise internet from 19.95 to 25 without previous notice, so I call them of course an error and they are gonna credit the 5.05, then dish charge me 5 bucks to get encore when it's already included in the 250 chanels I got, and this are therorically "respected" business, imagine one out of the blue. Is the american style billing, they just bill you and hope you pay, when I use to live in Italy I think I got one of these issues once or twice, but here is at least once a month, that if you don't get a doctor trying to balance bill you when the bill is already paid, it's just crazy. My advice, carefully examine all bills I get several "errors" every month, and of course don't pay no one if you ain't getting a service.

That is SO true. I came to an agreement with AT&T on my bill, and so I pay the new amount and every month, they creep it up a little more to see if I notice it and call them.

They are greedy bastards, all of them. And Comcast is the worst.

The thing is that if 1 million of thier costumers don't notice the bogus charges, they make 1 million x 5.05, is 5 million 50 thousands, so even if 1/3 of us look at those bills and dispute it, they already making thier money, and the worst is that they will get it every month, so even if someone later sues them, they are in ok, we already made several millions on these bogus 5 bucks extra so paying a lawyer 1-2 million to defend at&t and just putting the rest on an investment and getting interest is way over what they will end paying if they lose at court. That's why they do it, and they get away with it way too often.