Will the CRA give you the DOFD?

Been_Ponzied

I am getting close to several items falling off and I need the DOFD. If I write the CRA a letter that is not CMRRR, will they write me back and tell me what the DOFD is?

I prefer not to go through the stress of calling them, but if you say I must, I will.

What stress? I think most want you to write as they prefer to receive verification of Identity, a copy of DL, SSN, with request. CMRRR insures that no one else has gotten that information. That and a simple.heh what's the DOFD and signature.

I won't send information of that type without knowing who to ding if they lose it.

What stress? I think most want you to write as they prefer to receive verification of Identity, a copy of DL, SSN, with request. CMRRR insures that no one else has gotten that information. That and a simple.heh what's the DOFD and signature.

I won't send information of that type without knowing who to ding if they lose it.

OK, I think I understood that. Thanks. I just don't like talking to companies on the phone at all.

OK, I think I understood that. Thanks. I just don't like talking to companies on the phone at all.

i understand that, most people don't like talking on the phone. I'm one of them. I can say what I want in 2 or 3 min, can't understand those that can set on phone 30 min or an hour.

Most folks are also not used to talking in public either (such as court), I didn't use to but ran my own service business for several years. Got over most of it.

I imagine myself saying to a caller:

"You want personal info from me? Is your computer safe? Because I know you're gonna type it into the computer?"

"Yes, the computer is safe."

"Can I test it?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"I want to run a test on your computer to make sure it is safe."

"Why?"

"Because 98 percent of all businesses in the country are running unsafe computers."

"Our computers are safe."

"And how do you know this?"

"Because the boss said so."

"And how would he know that?"

"It's a she. She has some who comes in every week to work on them."

"Is this person certified in computer security?"

"I don't know."

"Well, there, now we're getting somewhere. Who is this person?"

"Her grandson, I think."

"More likely he's taking the data and selling it to hackers in Russia."

"Huh?"

"Russian gangs are collecting and reselling personal data on people all the time."

"That's scary."

"Yes, it is. Some of it they get from breaking in to computers."

"Well, we don't give out our passwords."

"You don't need to. They just use the bugs in the software to get in without a password. They do it right over the internet."

"Well, then we can disconnect them."

"Lots of their data comes from people who just take it from work and sell it to them."

"Can't they stop that?"

"Can you see the collection accounts in your computer?"

"Sure, but I'm not going to give out anything to you. You sound like some hacker."

"Oh, I am. So be sure you don't. But if you can see it, anyone there can, right?"

"I guess so."

"And how many people have quit the company in the past month."

"Oh, maybe about ... I better not tell you."

"You don't need to tell me the number. Just think of what's the chance any ONE person saved it to one of those USB things and took the data with them."

"Why would they do that?"

"To sell to the Russian gangs that pay for it"

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible."

"So you see, one of the things I'd check on your computer is how many people have access to how much data."

"I guess we might fail the test."

"Chances are you would. But 98 percent of all businesses would. So this is why I never give any personal data to anyone." (not the real reason, but it sounds good)

"I think I better tell this to the boss tomorrow."

"You do that. Let's see if she cares enough to do something about it."

I imagine myself saying to a caller:

"You want personal info from me? Is your computer safe? Because I know you're gonna type it into the computer?"

"Yes, the computer is safe."

"Can I test it?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"I want to run a test on your computer to make sure it is safe."

"Why?"

"Because 98 percent of all businesses in the country are running unsafe computers."

"Our computers are safe."

"And how do you know this?"

"Because the boss said so."

"And how would he know that?"

"It's a she. She has some who comes in every week to work on them."

"Is this person certified in computer security?"

"I don't know."

"Well, there, now we're getting somewhere. Who is this person?"

"Her grandson, I think."

"More likely he's taking the data and selling it to hackers in Russia."

"Huh?"

"Russian gangs are collecting and reselling personal data on people all the time."

"That's scary."

"Yes, it is. Some of it they get from breaking in to computers."

"Well, we don't give out our passwords."

"You don't need to. They just use the bugs in the software to get in without a password. They do it right over the internet."

"Well, then we can disconnect them."

"Lots of their data comes from people who just take it from work and sell it to them."

"Can't they stop that?"

"Can you see the collection accounts in your computer?"

"Sure, but I'm not going to give out anything to you. You sound like some hacker."

"Oh, I am. So be sure you don't. But if you can see it, anyone there can, right?"

"I guess so."

"And how many people have quit the company in the past month."

"Oh, maybe about ... I better not tell you."

"You don't need to tell me the number. Just think of what's the chance any ONE person saved it to one of those USB things and took the data with them."

"Why would they do that?"

"To sell to the Russian gangs that pay for it"

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible."

"So you see, one of the things I'd check on your computer is how many people have access to how much data."

"I guess we might fail the test."

"Chances are you would. But 98 percent of all businesses would. So this is why I never give any personal data to anyone." (not the real reason, but it sounds good)

"I think I better tell this to the boss tomorrow."

"You do that. Let's see if she cares enough to do something about it."

Yep, just like when you were a kid and mommy said you had to do something, your response was "why", because I said so, "why" because I'm your mother, "why", because I'm the adult and your the child, "why", BECAUSE I SAID SO AND IF YOU ASK WHY ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING PADDLE YOUR A****!!! Oh