onalert247

BBB Complaint against Portfolio worked!

I just received this from the Norfolk BBB.

I guess calling them out on shady tactics like backdated letters and frivilous payment dates & amounts worked.

On November 12, 2012, the business provided the following information:

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of our office. Portfolio Recovery Associates has investigated the consumer's dispute, closed the account ending in **** and requested that the credit reporting agencies delete our trade line for the account from their consumer reports.

Brian Pearson

Disputes Counsel

Office of the General Counsel

Portfolio Recovery Associates

140 Corporate Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23502

What's the recommended steps from this point? Any actions for the CRA's repeatedly validating this frivilous debt?

I hope you don't think that is all done with. Stay vigilante, give then 6 months or a year they'll "beeee back". Hopefully the SOL will be out then.

::thunderously::JDB----------------------------------------::BigGun::

I recall a while back looking at BBB complaints filed by debtors and non-debtors against a number of collection agencies, and I was surprised to find that just a complaint alone often caused them to delete their tradeline, or to stop calling the wrong person, etc.

I've also had very quick positive results when I've went through the BBB. I had zero success when contacting each credit bureau other than creating a paper trail for myself.