helpYoSelf

sued by cach - when do I send BOP/discovery docs

I had this big old long post and it didn't post for some reason....so one more try! lol

:multibounce:  CASE DISMISSED! w/out prejudice - BUT IT'S DISMISSED!! Woo hooooooo  :multibounce:

There is NO way in heck I would have even stayed sane through this process let alone know where to start to defend myself without the help of all the angels on here!! Thank You!!! 

Calawyer, Racecar, Seadragon, Anon Amos, Homeless, ASTMedic, MuteDebt, Helpme to name a few- hope I'm not missing anybody! 

You guys are awesome! I'll be back on later to post the little details! It was a quickie!      #AMENTHANKYOUJESUS :) lol

• Like 2

I had this big old long post and it didn't post for some reason....so one more try! lol

:multibounce:  CASE DISMISSED! w/out prejudice - BUT IT'S DISMISSED!! Woo hooooooo  :multibounce:

There is NO way in heck I would have even stayed sane through this process let alone know where to start to defend myself without the help of all the angels on here!! Thank You!!! 

Calawyer, Racecar, Seadragon, Anon Amos, Homeless, ASTMedic, MuteDebt, Helpme to name a few- hope I'm not missing anybody! 

You guys are awesome! I'll be back on later to post the little details! It was a quickie!      #AMENTHANKYOUJESUS :-) lol

YEAH!!!!!!!  Another one bites the dust.

Congrats.  I am very proud of you.  You just beat a lawyer.  One that does this every single day.  Nicely done.

Don't forget to do your cost memo.

Again, congrats.

• Like 2

You made my day. :) CONGRATULATIONS! 

Get your money ... I'm still working on mine. ;)

Remember to celebrate tonight.  The payoff for all that hard work and stress is a necessary reward and release.  ;)

• Like 1

I will let you celebrate tonight but now I am dying to know what happened. I bet the clerk handed the dismissal to you and you were all pouty until you got outside. Don't forget the memo of costs. Well done.

Like this, love it, we want some more of it, dismissal, drill sergeant dismissal.

• Like 1

I will let you celebrate tonight but now I am dying to know what happened. I bet the clerk handed the dismissal to you and you were all pouty until you got outside. Don't forget the memo of costs. Well done.

Like this, love it, we want some more of it, dismissal, drill sergeant dismissal.

HA HA! I'm a great pouter lol- so that was a very good guess hahaha

But here's how it went down: 

I still had NOT rec'd the status from the sheriff and that was stressing me - so I left the house 2 hours early to be @ups when it opened at 830- Long story short the clerk at the Sheriff's office faxed it to me at 845.  Sheriff attempted service 3x. The first 2 times there was NO answer at the "law office" - 130pm and 330pm on weekdays- REALLY??? and the 3rd time the sheriff was told "Tom Vigil lives in Denver, Colorado". SCORE! ....and off I went to court.

I got there a bit early so got in line to see if there was a 'dismissal' on the records lol ...no such luck!

I then went to court and waited about 5 minutes before it opened.  I checked in w/the bailiff and he told the clerk.   I took a seat and waited and soon the other attorney came in.  He was a totally NEW attorney and I hadn't seen him before! That really trips me out- every CMC and now the trial - different attorneys each time!

He came over and asked if it was me and I said yes. 

Attorney: He first told me he was 'hired by Mandarich to come to court..didn't sound very enthused about it..."Would you like to settle this?"

Me:  listening...

Attorney: "Well, can you pay anything?" (OMG that sounded totally like a last ditch efffort so my heart went pitter patter lol)

Me: "I'd like you to dismiss"

Attorney: some type of audible HUMPH!   and then he said "I will only dismiss w/out prejudice" - and it came out in a somewhat snotty tone in my opinion..but I didn't mind! 

Me: I didn't say anything to him after that because my mind was spinning! This is the ONE scenario I hadn't gone over in my head!! OMG I was like do I pitch a fit and tell the judge I want w/prejudice?? I was really thrown for a second.

Then he went to sit back down and tell the clerk that he was dismissing.  The clerk then walked into the judge's chamber and told her "both parties are here and they are dismissing"...and then the judge said "they are dismissing??" - Her door was ajar but I heard her all the way out in the room! I giggled! She really sounded surprised lol

Then she came out and was starting to say something and the attorney spoke over the JUDGE! OMG He was really rude! I couldn't believe it! I wouldn't have dared to speak over her....anyways - he said that he is dismissing and she turned to me and said "well, it looks like someone's research really paid off!"

(** this is the lovely judge that I had for my 1st CMC- and at that time she directed me to the law library- which is how I in turn found this forum**) 

So, I said, "i had really great advice to go to the law library across the street" (meaning her advice )

And then she asked me if the ladies at the law library had been helpful and I said "VERY!" ..and then she said, "good job helpyoself". I said thank you!

Trust me when I say you have never seen anybody with a bigger smile than me at that moment!! OMG I was and still am over the moon!  I asked if there was anything for me to file in regards to the dismissal and she said no- they will file and send you a copy ( which I'm not counting on rec'g my copy from them) lol 

So, that's it in a nutshell!  I really can't get over it but I'd almost swear she was truly happy for me! I just really got that feeling.  Lucky me! 

Thanks again guys/gals- could NOT have done it without you all here! 

• Like 2

Oh- and then I left court and teared up a little! It was like a 1 minute freak out while I walked to the elevator!  THEN I was good! hahahha YAY :)

• Like 1