Midland

poppet24

Hello again :)

I got a dunning letter from Midland for a debt that is way past SOL. They did reply to my DV, but the OC is not the same as the OC they stated on the dunning letter. It is about 5 years past the SOL, so I was going to send them a C&D letter. Is that the best approach for this at this point?

Thanks for your advise

No. But this is where I get confused. One is Wells Fargo and the other is CAP One. Those are both normally OC's.

Cap One does buy debts AND then offers CCs to the debtors listed ... and offers to put the debt on the card and let you pay it down on the card's plan.

Oh, and you can sue them.

And you can sue them because their telephone operator is ugly. OK, maybe not because of that but certainly because they misrepresented the debt - being originated from one company and not the correct one.

Nothing says "Merry Christmas" better than a summons served along with a Christmas Card on Christmas Eve.