How the Heck do I do that on the New Board??

calawyer

For those of you who have wallowed around and have this new board playing like a finely-tuned instrument:

*How do I find my subscribed threads?

*Seems like we only get 50 saved PMs.  True?

* I have saved hypertext links to some of my old posts.  Can I still use them?

What new feature is going to rock our world?

• Like 6

For those of you who have wallowed around and have this new board playing like a finely-tuned instrument:

Finally a time we get to "help" you after you have helped us gazillion times

1. go to the upper right hand corner where you see your user name, click on it so the drop down menu shows. go to content/follow. your subscribed threads should be there. 

2. I think we get 250. on the left hand side of your inbox it has a "meter" and down the meter it says 250 on mine. I think we should all have the same capacity if not you should have even more!

3. I believe you are able to use hypertext, but I havent test it yet so not a 100% sure. 

:)

• Like 1

Guest BoardMover

Links to threads/posts on the old forums automatically redirect to their new location.

Finally a time we get to "help" you after you have helped us gazillion times

1. go to the upper right hand corner where you see your user name, click on it so the drop down menu shows. go to content/follow. your subscribed threads should be there. 

2. I think we get 250. on the left hand side of your inbox it has a "meter" and down the meter it says 250 on mine. I think we should all have the same capacity if not you should have even more!

3. I believe you are able to use hypertext, but I havent test it yet so not a 100% sure. 

:)

You rock!!!  I only use the "subscribed thread" function every day!

• Like 1

It seems to me that there are threads missing

that you can't go back more than a year, is that correct?

when looking at old threads you can go back to the first page or the current page but can't pick a page number to go to in the search results (like on ebay)

I've got 1200 posts but can only access about half? same with started threads? Is that correct or am I goofing something up?

I think the template is professional, its clear clean crisp and adds a lot to the site

It's nice to see what post someone likes that was a surprise

I think the site moves pretty fast,

autosave is nice

I imagine that there are a lot of options that you can turn on or off in this new platform, maybe you could share some of the options with us as you figure them out, or have a tips thread about options that are activated

You rock!!!  I only use the "subscribed thread" function every day!

Glad to be able to answer your question :)

It seems to me that there are threads missing

that you can't go back more than a year, is that correct?

when looking at old threads you can go back to the first page or the current page but can't pick a page number to go to in the search results (like on ebay)

I am not sure if I am understanding you correctly but I am able to pick a page number either on the upper left hand corner or bottom left hand corner when looking at old threads. 

I've got 1200 posts but can only access about half? same with started threads? Is that correct or am I goofing something up?

I am too new to answer that... dont even have half of what you have posted... sorry ><

on the old threads say there are 700 pages you can start at page 1 and move forward a page at a time (or two) or go to page 700 and move backwards a couple pages at a time, But I don't see how you can go to page 383 first (as example) When I have time I go to forums and read through from the beginning, spent the first 6 months doing that a lot to find threads that were helpful.

there are some threads that show a -1 comments where you cannot read anything, even in locked threads on the old board you could read them

and like I said about half the threads I started and comments made don't seem to come up, I don't bookmark threads I just grab them from my profile but I don't seem to be able to see them all anymore

I was looking in my pm box and notice that it shows the message and to whom it was sent or the messages that I have received - but, it also shows that person and then shows that the message was also sent to "one other" or "three others".

What does that mean?

I know when I replied to any message, I only sent it to the one person.

Hi all,

After browsing the "read this first section" I am concerned about privacy issues and would like to block my email address from being seen by search bots and people who are not part of the forum. However, I don't know where the "user cp" is or I don't see the link for privacy settings? Thanks

Linda and Texan, I merged your threads into this one.  Let's try keeeping only one "new board software" thread active, ok?  :D

User CP - Click on your username top right corner of the screen, the "content I follow" link is your subscribed threads.

PMs - I believe the "1 other" is yourself.  I'm fairly certain that the PM system is telling you that there are two participants...the recipient and one other (the sender...YOU).  But I'm not 100% sure.

Love it, Calawyer!

I too was wallowing in the murk trying to figure out how to read /find my old posts.

BTW, would you see my post" Trial Date Mid-January"? I tried to PM you, but could not.

RTE sent me some good info, but I would like your opinion as well.

Thanks!

bohey

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a new feature I like a lot.  If you use "content I follow", there is now a preview feature that shows you the first and last posts in any given thread.  Just click 'content I follow", and let the mouse hover in the space between the post and the number of replies. A down arrow appears which you can click to get the 1st and last posts.

Nice.

• Like 1