Debt Collector changed their filing name midstream?

Midlands Funding sued me and their filings initially said the Plaintiff was Midland Funding assignee of Chase Bank.  After they sent me a stack of copies of alleged billing statements during discovery they have changed the Plaintiff name on their filings to Midlands Funding assignee of Chase Bank AND Washington Mutual.  This is because all of the billing statement copies were from WAMU except for the last two which say Chase Bank.  

Are they allowed to do that in their filings midstream in a lawsuit?  I'm in Gwinnett County, Georgia.   Can I change my name also in my filings?  Maybe Elvis Presley.

Or do I treat it at trial as just another in their chain of multiple assignments that they cannot prove?

Thanks.

So they changed the statements... I'd move to preclude all of them since there is a high likelihood that the statements were doctored.

You might also want to include the mention of Providian Bank, predecessor to WAMU in your language for motion to preclude. 

Take a look at Jillian Sheridans Court Battle and ongoing postings. She successfully fought Midland down there in Georgia. She has a ton of Court documents posted you could use as templates. 

http://www.scribd.com/JillianSheridan/

Best regards,

HP

It probably won't get you anything, at best it is a curable paperwork glitch. Technically they are not the assignee of WAMU because there IS no WAMU. WAMU was absorbed by Chase in 2008 as I recall. The best you could hope for here is to make them change the wording, and depending on what level of court you are in, you may not even be able to do that. Magistrate court, for instance, doesn't allow very much in the way of motions.

To answer a few of the responses I've gotten:

Jill Sheridan and the posters on this forum are the best resource I could ever ask for.  Jill is a complete angel for posting all of her documents especially since her case was in the same Gwinnett County Superior Court and it has been my road map.

I understand that WAMU was absorbed by Chase so I understand why the Bank name on the statements changed, I was just curious if a plaintiff could tack on another name to a lawsuit in that manner.  At trial, which I assume will be the next step (already did discovery phase and they gave me the usual hearsay garbage), I will just treat it like another unproven assignment that they claim.