bmc100

Those being sued in Michigan by a JDB, step by step in Defending

228 posts in this topic

Hello! Its been a year since someone replied so I hope you guys are out there. First I would like to thank BMC100 . I have spent the last couple of hours reading this thread and finding things I can use. I believe I have a strong case, but I am in need of a little help.

I have already attended a pre trial hearing. The judge sent in a discovery time. I just found this thread today so  of course I did not know to file my own motion for summary disposition before midland did. Today I received a motion for summary disposition from them today. I need to respond asap. There are a couple things I will defend myself with. The affidavit was signed way after 10 days from the complaint. According to the Unifund CCR Partners v. Nishawn Riley, Michigan Court of Appeals Case No. 287599,  the plaintiff did not have a signed contract and did not produce receipts signed by me. They also did not show a perfected transaction between  the OC and Midland. Please Help!

10 hours ago, gg2008 said:

I have already attended a pre trial hearing. The judge sent in a discovery time. I just found this thread today so  of course I did not know to file my own motion for summary disposition before midland did. Today I received a motion for summary disposition from them today. I need to respond asap. There are a couple things I will defend myself with. The affidavit was signed way after 10 days from the complaint. According to the Unifund CCR Partners v. Nishawn Riley, Michigan Court of Appeals Case No. 287599,  the plaintiff did not have a signed contract and did not produce receipts signed by me. They also did not show a perfected transaction between  the OC and Midland. Please Help!

@gg2008 We're going to need you to start your own thread. Go to the main Forums page. Just to the right of the title "Forums," is a green box "Start New Topic" to click on and select  the Legal Issues "Is there a Lawyer in the House" forum to start your thread. In order to be of much help to you, we'll need to see the complaint, their affidavit, your answer and their summary dispostion--with personal identifying info redacted.