JDB/ Frontier i think

I keep getting calls from the company by the name of Frontier i believe. i can barely understand the name of the CA, but they claim they need to hear back from me with a case they have in my county pertaining Best buy?HSBC. I did speak to the young lady that called me requesting they send me information by mail. She said they had been seinding info...I never received anything from them. She asked if she could send info via email...I have yet to receive. Well, She's called again saying i was suppose to contact her the day after we spoke 11/29. I never received anything nor agreed to anything outside of send me correspondce to the account in question.

Where do i go from here? Call them back to get account number, account they're respresenting or what.

i would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I would call them back and ask for their physical address so you can send them a DV request or a cease and desist letter.  You can get the account number from them at the same time.  If you don't want to call them, it sounds like they will be calling you back, so you can wait for it....

Do not give them any information.  Do not give out your email address (except to web sites you trust not to spam you when you sign up, like you did for CIC).  Do not even confirm information they say that have, whether they have correct information or wrong information.  Getting someone's home address is trivially easy for collectors because it is in all kinds of info sources.  Tell them to send in writing to your address.  Tell them if they got the wrong address then it "must be someone else's account".  If they say it has your name you say "maybe the other person has the same name and you just got the wrong phone number ... or it could be identity theft but the used their address ... but you have to figure that out".

Excuses of "we have been sending by mail" do not fly.  If you opened an account that needed an SSN and I was assigned that account for collection, I would have, or could get, your home address, unless you moved within the past 90 days (I could get it within 90 days if you do all the usual address change stuff).