Need debt consolidation service?

needinghelp87

This is my first attempt to seek outside help and I have to admit i was ashame to come here. Look at my screen name. however you guys are being very helpful and I'm very thankful for all your advices. I will stick around for more advice and learn more as i go. There are terms I'm trying to learn as well. What exactly is JDB? I don't have a home phone is voicemail. however i reject all the numbers i don't know but they dont seem to leave me any messages. i've had one just asking me to call back but i never feel confident to. SOL gotta look that up too. I havent paid anything for a long while if not 3 its 2 at least. Either way i do sense it would be better than BK. However i came here because of the court issue i had and basically it was encouraging me to take care of the matter because I dont wish to get sued and be put down while i'm trying to get up. What I mean by that is I don't want to get hit by a surprise that could doom me.

JDB = Junk Debt Buyer.  People like Midland who buy defaulted debt cheap and then sue you.

SOL = Statute of Limitations.  Different for every state. Washington is 6 years but there are certain situations where you can "borrow" another states SOL. Delaware is only 3 years and a lot of banks are in Delaware because of the incorporation laws. Bruno speaks of this a lot and will be much better at explaining how it works and if it is applicable to you.

I will take care of that money situation. i was told to keep my money in a safe box. LOL. But I might consider that. Would it

be safer at my credit union? Because I need a place for direct deposit from work.

I've tried searching for the case number but doesnt seem to exist. I don't know if maybe i'm not searching correctly but it doesnt show up.

Go to the court house and give them the case number. If it doesn't exist then you have a violation and can go after then instead of the other way around.

Get your money out of the bank and get to the court house asap.

If they have a judgment against you, yes. That is why you must get to the court house and find out if they have a judgment against you.

Don't put your work on Facebook or anything. If you do get it off. Don't answer calls. If they don't know where you work, don't let them fund out.

Does your work have a webpage where your number is listed or anything like that?

Get to the court house.

Go to the court house and give them the case number. If it doesn't exist then you have a violation and can go after then instead of the other way around.

Get your money out of the bank and get to the court house asap.

It actually does exist under my name i must have been inputting the case number wrong. the current one im dealing with case number matches. the mail that a receieved from them, includes writ of garnishment from last year which they did clear out my bank. its one time already and that is why im afraid. and that bank has been closed. now i have the primary one i should close.

This is my first attempt to seek outside help and I have to admit i was ashame to come here. Look at my screen name. however you guys are being very helpful and I'm very thankful for all your advices. I will stick around for more advice and learn more as i go. There are terms I'm trying to learn as well. What exactly is JDB? I don't have a home phone is voicemail. however i reject all the numbers i don't know but they dont seem to leave me any messages. i've had one just asking me to call back but i never feel confident to. SOL gotta look that up too. I havent paid anything for a long while if not 3 its 2 at least. Either way i do sense it would be better than BK. However i came here because of the court issue i had and basically it was encouraging me to take care of the matter because I dont wish to get sued and be put down while i'm trying to get up. What I mean by that is I don't want to get hit by a surprise that could doom me.

I would still try and do the steps I mentioned except for the judgement. Looks like you probably ignored the lawsuit and I'm not sure what you can do about it. When I typed the information I had no idea you had already been sued. You need to talk to some of the pros on here about how to handle that one. From this point forward you have to stop ignoring things and be proactive.

Now you know not to ignore anything legal sent to you by a court. It may be too late on what has already occurred so you need to learn what to do in the future for the rest.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/247970-commonly-used-abbreviations/

Once again I can't say how important it is for you to close that bank account. That should be your first step.

Any chance i could get a brief explanation of what this mean?

1 10-27-2011 SUMMONS & COMPLAINT Summons & Complaint   2 10-27-2011 SET CASE SCHEDULE

JDG0008 Set Case Schedule

Judge Jay V. White, Dept 8 04-15-2013ST 3 10-27-2011 CASE INFORMATION COVER SHEET

LOCK Case Information Cover Sheet

Original Location - Kent   4 11-16-2011 MOTION FOR DEFAULT JUDGMENT Motion For Default Judgment /pla   5 11-16-2011 AFFIDAVIT/DCLR/CERT OF SERVICE Affidavit/dclr/cert Of Service   6 11-16-2011 DEFAULT JUDGMENT

EXP0007 Default Judgment

Ex-parte, Dept. Seattle - Clerk   7 11-14-2012 AFFIDAVIT FOR GARNISHMENT Affidavit For Garnishment

On 11/16/2011 there was a motion for default judgment. You didn't show up and judgment was entered for the Plaintiff (Midland).

On 11/14/2012 an affidavit for wage garnishment was entered. That was 1 month ago. Again, I don't know your states laws but it may be possible to oppose this. It may, if anything, delay it some until you can work it out.

Can someone from Washington advise on this?

I would still try and do the steps I mentioned except for the judgement. Looks like you probably ignored the lawsuit and I'm not sure what you can do about it. When I typed the information I had no idea you had already been sued. You need to talk to some of the pros on here about how to handle that one. From this point forward you have to stop ignoring things and be proactive.

Now you know not to ignore anything legal sent to you by a court. It may be too late on what has already occurred so you need to learn what to do in the future for the rest.

Once again I can't say how important it is for you to close that bank account. That should be your first step.

So is SOL out of my league?

So is SOL out of my league?

For right now I would get the information from the courthouse and close the bank account.

Then come back here and type each account with the current status. 

List the ones with judgements first.

Then list the others along with the date last paid.

The more you post here the more your situation gets more complicated. You need to get everything listed with the most recent activity and it will be easier to help you. A lot of this is beyond what I can help with but others here can point you in the right direction. No reason to post anything else until you have all the information above. Any advice from anyone here is pointless until they see the whole picture.

Good Luck!

Needinghelp87, you have quite the situation here, I see. 

The first thing I want you to do, and this is a NON-NEGOTIABLE.  LOG OUT of the forum for 24 hours.  Get every shred of paper you have from all of your accounts and go through them. Every single one. Know what it is and how it relates to the others.  Organize them by account or by date or whatever works for you.  The better organized you are, the easeir it will be to formulate the questions you answer us, and it will make it easier for us to not only answer you, but answer you in a way that gives you the most help, ok? 

You have been sued by Midland last year and they were able to secure a default judgement against you.  What this means, is that they enter the writ of garnishment they have and then if they find out where you bank, they'll go after that account. And unless you can prove that your assets in that account are excempt (they're not, from what you've told us so far) they'll garnish the wages.  It doesn't matter if your account is with BofA, Banner Bank, or Sound Credit Union...garnishments are garnishments.

Where in WA are you?  King County? Snohomish County?  Island County?

• Like 1

Amerikaner83

Please also look at latest posts from manutd, please. They recently lost an MSJ and really need help filing an appeal. They are willing to do the work but need someone from Washington to help. I tried my best to get them through the MSJ but I feel I let them down. Their filing of the opposition was a little late and I think it hurt them. Please do what you can for manutd.

Thanks, and sorry to hijack.

Amerikaner83

Please also look at latest posts from manutd, please. They recently lost an MSJ and really need help filing an appeal. They are willing to do the work but need someone from Washington to help. I tried my best to get them through the MSJ but I feel I let them down. Their filing of the opposition was a little late and I think it hurt them. Please do what you can for manutd.

Thanks, and sorry to hijack.

:) thanks

Amerikaner83 thanks for the advice. I'm heading to court tomorrow to check out what's going on with the case. The case is in King county. Nice to get help from someone in the same state. I left everything alone for so long that I dont really have anything with information regarding the old accounts and stuff. I don't get mails often any more and when I do I kinda just shrugged it off and threw it away. So I decided to run credit report at equifax hoping to get a full report but it is either looking confusing or just inaccurate. I'm trying to piece it together still... Any advice how I could gather these information and are accurate with current datas?

So here is what I've put together so far. I also excluded the school loans. Those I can take care of. I hope this is useful and not wasting your time.

Open Accounts:

MIDLAND FUNDING 

Date Opened: 

12/2010 

Balance Date: 

11/2012 

Balance Amount: 

$1,719 

High/Limit: 

$1,268 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

ORIGINAL CREDITOR: HSBC COLLECTION ACCOUNT  

MIDLAND FUNDING 

Date Opened: 

11/2009 

Balance Date: 

11/2012 

Balance Amount: 

$2,161 

High/Limit: 

$1,480 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

ORIGINAL CREDITOR: GE MONEY BANK COLLECTION ACCOUNT  

MIDLAND FUNDING 

Date Opened: 

05/2012 

Balance Date: 

11/2012 

Balance Amount: 

$1,017 

High/Limit: 

$1,017 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

ORIGINAL CREDITOR: CHASE BANK USA N A COLLECTION ACCOUNT  

Closed Accounts:

Bank of America

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

03/2006 

Balance Date: 

11/2009 

Balance Amount: 

$3,275 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 10/2009=R5,09/2009=R5,08/2009=R5 CREDIT CARD CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT  

BANK OF AMERICA

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

12/2007 

Balance Date: 

04/2012 

Balance Amount: 

$5,897 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 08/2009=R5,07/2009=R5,06/2009=R5 CREDIT CARD CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT  

CAPITAL ONE 

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

12/2006 

Balance Date: 

12/2012 

Balance Amount: 

$3,248 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

ACCT INFO DISPUTED MEETS FCRA  

Comments: 

ACCT INFO DISPUTED MEETS FCRA  

CAPTIAL ONE 

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

12/2007 

Balance Date: 

02/2010 

Balance Amount: 

$0 

High/Limit: 

$843 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 10/2009=R5,09/2009=R5,08/2009=R4 CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD  

*Not sure why the balance for this one is zero.

Chase Card Services 

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

06/2007 

Balance Date: 

05/2011 

Balance Amount: 

$0 

High/Limit: 

$6,373 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 03/2011=R5,02/2011=R5,01/2011=R5 CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD  

Chase Card Services 

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

07/2008 

Balance Date: 

02/2010 

Balance Amount: 

$0 

High/Limit: 

$1,016 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 12/2009=R5,11/2009=R5,10/2009=R5 CHARGED OFF ACCOUNT ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED OR SOLD  

CITICARDS CBNA 

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

09/2007 

Balance Date: 

12/2012 

Balance Amount: 

$2,910 

High/Limit: 

$2,200 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Past Due Amount: 

$2,260  

Comments: 

CANCELLED BY CREDIT GRANTOR  

GECRB/CHEVRON PLCC 

Account Type: 

Revolving 

Date Opened: 

03/2006 

Balance Date: 

12/2009 

Balance Amount: 

High/Limit: 

$1,180 

Account Status: 

Collection 

Comments: 

CLOSED PURCHASED BY ANOTHER LENDER LAST REPORTED DELINQUENCIES: 11/2009=R ,10/2009=R CHARGE OFF LAST PAID: 03/2009  

I hope this helps. I could try and dig around more but I know for a fact I dont have any mails from any of these previous accounts.

Edited by Amerikaner83
midland posted 2x

And I edited your above post, since the three Midland entries were listed twice.

So you've got Midland at 5K for all 3 entries as your only open accounts, aside from your student loans, is that correct?

I see two Chase, two BofA and two CapOne accounts....is that correct?  (it seems weird to me)

You posted something earlier about a Judgement you have against you...this is for how much? 

Aside from the 5k Midland I should have around 13k-15k in other cc debt. But the credit report wasn't so helpful. The judgement was 2500 then it went up to 3200 I'm not sure if it's for a different credit card but the case number is the same, should I assume it is? 2 of each actually is correct from what I could remember. As for the capital one was mines and one was a co account with my parents when I was younger.