Sign in to follow this  
screwed1

Reporting debt on schedules

Hi all, so i will be filing chapter 7 bankruptcy myself soon and had a question as i was looking at the papers i need to fill out.

On the schedules where i list my creditors do i list original creditors that have charged off my account ( as shown on my credit report) AND the collections agencies? Or just the collections agency? 

i will be printing out all of the papers needed tomorrow hopefully so im sure i will have more questions, any hints would be apreciated :)

oh also i have no clue where my last tax return is so...any ideas how to get a copy.

this is in so cal 

You list everyone who could conceivably have a claim. My lawyer listed the orginal creditor and then below that stated "sold, transfered or assigned to XYZ collection agency.

Contact the IRS and ask them to send you a transcript of your taxes. That's acceptable to the trustee.

Ditto to above.  Trustees accept tax transcrpts.   Also, make sure anyone you list as a judgment creditor (if any) in the Statement of Financial Affairs gets listed on F or they won't make it onto the creditor matrix and get notice of your filing.   I usually list the attorneys as well.