AT&T playing smart thinking on filing arbitration

kutuzov

All right AT&T got mandatory arbitration, and they will reimburse filing fees, so I'm thinking in filing. What happened?

After maybe 10-20 "happy" years with them, I finally got tired of calling every month about issues in the bill, and disputing them.

October 2012, they decided to rise internet service from $19.95 to $25 with no written notice as is stated in the agreement they wrote themselves. At that time I call and a rep told me it was a billing error and he was gona credit $5.05 to my account.

November 2012, again the bill was for $25 and not $19.95 and I then realized it was not a billing error, no credit of $5.05 was to be found on the bill, I called again after several transfers I finally got a $10.10 credit and changed to a promotional internet of $19 a month. Just in case I put everything in written and send a cmrr letter to AT&T disputing the charges, and notifying them of my intention to file arbitration, a requirement in the agreement to notify the OP 30 days before filing. After a few days I spoke to someone in the escalation department that guaranteed me he was gonna make sure the promotional rate was applied to my account.

December 2012, got the bill with an $11 dollar credit, but the internet bill was of $38 not the $19 dollars they told me. I call right away and they tried to explain me why the promotional rate was not applied, that I didn’t wanna listen since they told me that it was gonna be $19 and not $38, I then cancel internal altogether. It was not cancel since I’m here, but well.

Now I wanna file a complain with AAA (the one on AT&T agreement), for breach of contract, and whatever else I can grab need your advice here. They lied several times, and I got them on record, is not a crime, but is at least misleading the consumer.

Anyone got any experience with filling arbitration? It will be misleading the consumer, breach of contract, neglect (since they didn’t follow what they wrote themselves in the contract), deceiving practices, and I don’t know what else, I got almost everything documented, but not all.

All right AT&T got mandatory arbitration, and they will reimburse filing fees, so I'm thinking in filing. What happened?

After maybe 10-20 "happy" years with them, I finally got tired of calling every month about issues in the bill, and disputing them.

Right now I should have internet cancel, and I don't, and should get brighthouse on friday.

AT&T Residential Agreement, I follow the arbitration 30 day notice, cmrr.

http://www.att.com/public_affairs/long_distance_news/product_reference_and_pricing_guide/RSA08-CA.pdf

Section 3.b specifically says:

b.

Price Changes. We reserve the right to revise the prices and charges for our Services from

time to time. Except as otherwise may be provided below or by any applicable state laws or

requirements, the following provisions shall apply for price changes:

• We will generally give you written notice of price increases at least thirty (30) days before

the increase goes into effect, except as set forth below, unless a longer notice period is

required by law in your state. In some instances, it may not be commercially reasonable

for AT&T to provide such notice prior to the effective date of such change. Notice may be

provided in a bill insert, as a message printed in your bill, in a separate mailing, by e-mail,

or by any other reasonable method. The price increase will become effective on the date

provided in the notice.

• Price decreases may be made without further notice to you, unless otherwise required by

law.

• Promotional pricing and terms shall expire in accordance with the terms applicable to

each promotion, without further notice to you. Such changes will automatically be passed

on to you.

• For the following types of calls, we will provide you the prices and charges if you request

this information at the time you make a call (or at the time you receive a collect call),

instead of written notice to you: AT&T collect calls; AT&T person-to-person calls; calls

billed to a third party; and other types of operator-assisted calls. These prices and

charges will also be set forth in our Guidebook(s).