When is it too late to send a validation letter to a ca?

NeverPay

I have ignored a collection agency for about a year, and they have been putting negative marks on my credit report the entire time.  Is it too late to send them a validation letter?  Is it 30 days from first contact or 30 days from any attempt to collect it? 

You can send a DV request, but because you are outside of the 30 days of their first communication with you, they don't have to respond, and they can continue collection efforts.

The requirement is based upon their first communication or dunning letter in which they included that 30 day requirement.

Is this debt within the SOL for your state?  Is it your debt?

I have ignored a collection agency for about a year, and they have been putting negative marks on my credit report the entire time.  Is it too late to send them a validation letter?  Is it 30 days from first contact or 30 days from any attempt to collect it? 

You can send a DV.  Maybe they will respond to it.  But a DV sent after 30 days beyond the receipt of the first communication does not engage the requirement for them to stop collections efforts.  They could just not answer it and legally continue collection efforts.

Is the debt valid or not?  Is it yours or someone elses?  Has it been paid, already?