TLs Reporting Wrong Addresses - Change Them

Yawo64

Hello,

I need to change a couple of TLs to report my current and correct address.

--  4 of the TLs are paid and closed, but they are reporting a very old address. Can I contact the OCs - most of them banks to update my address to the current one?  Should I do this by phone or by mail?

Thanks and Happy New Year to you all  - Yy

How do you know they are reporting an old address?  Usually your addresses just show up under your personal information.  If they are incorrect, I would definitely update them on your report.  

I guess I don't understand the full reason behind your request???

Thanks Admin:

I am trying to delete some old addresses off my report, but a couple of them are tied to existing TLs.  I would want those TLs to reflect my current address so I can get rid of the old addresses.  And Experian reports a code that uniquely identifies each address being reported by a TL.

So, my plan is to contact each OC to ensure they have my current address.  One OC just told me they have my current address, so I should dispute the incorrect address with the CRAs to ensure that it is reporting correctly.

Once all OCs are reporting my current address, I can then delete the old one. 

Is it clearer now?

cheers,  Yy

1) update your current address with OC's

2) update your address with credit bureaus. Include a copy of your DL and a utility bill with your current address and ask them to update your current address and remove the old ones from the file. You may also try calling them and see if they can do it over the phone. they will probably ask you a few questions to verify your identity.

That's what I did to update my addresses.