I have a auto repossession on my credit report from 2009, how do i remove it?

amflyer7

Hello,

I have a auto repo on my credit report.  The actual repo happen in 2009 and it is shown by Chase (the loan company) as a write off/charge off.  They have never contacted but another company of collection agency contacts me or sends the statement to my house like maybe once a year.  How do i dispute with Equifax or the other bureaus?  Do I  dispute the repo online  or by mail?   They sold the car for 9500.00, they got back all their money.  I owe 4500.00, which is the interest off the loan.  I haven't paid it, because i'm a single parent trying to survive.   Any tips or tricks to get this repo off my credit?

Always dispute via good old snail mail.  The timeline for online disputes is very difficult to prove if a credit bureau takes longer than 30 days (or 45 if you have used annualcreditreport.com).  

The order for reasons for dispute can be found here: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/Repair.shtml.  

You may also have a collection on your credit report and this can be disputed in the same way.   

If, at this point it is a CO, then what is going to happen when you challenge it it to wake them up. After that it will go to collections and your credit scores are going to really drop! Ask me how I know. Better to wait until it drops off on it's own or face the down fall.

If, at this point it is a CO, then what is going to happen when you challenge it it to wake them up. After that it will go to collections and your credit scores are going to really drop! Ask me how I know. Better to wait until it drops off on it's own or face the down fall.

It sounds like it's already in collections, as the OP said that, another company, a collection agency is already contacting him.

re:   but another company of collection agency contacts me or sends the statement to my house like maybe once a year

At least that's what I take from how it's written by the OP....