Debt Validation

movinonup2013

Hi Everyone

I have a quick question that I was hoping I could get answered here!  After pulling my credit report I noticed two collections on my account that I needed to remove so I called transunion to get the address of the OC and they asked if I wanted to dispute which i did stating that one was not mine and the other was incorrect.  The person on the other end of the phone said that they would electronically verify the accounts. i asked what they would be using and he refused to tell me.  I am under the assumption after reading the information here that they are supposed to contact the original creditor to validate the information. So once i get the results of my dispute what should my next step be if the items are not removed?

Thanks! 

Do the accounts belong to you?

Are they being reported accurately?

Yes, they are supposed to contact the furnisher (the entity furnishing the information) in order to verify the accuracy of the information in the entry.  Personally, I wouldn't trust a phone dispute.  I would send a written dispute to the credit reporting agency.  I'd send it by certified mail.

It's difficult to get into detail here.

Regarding BMG 12,  that entry could be from an original creditor (OC), collection agency who was hired by the OC (CA), or junk debt buyer (JDB who bought the debt from the OC).

If you never had an account with an OC named BMG 12, you might have a case of identity theft or an account in which you were an authorized user.

It's also possible that BMG 12 is a CA.  First, look at the date that BMG 12 first reported.  Did you have an account that went into collections around that time?

Is there any original creditor on your CR who shows that they sold or transferred an account?  That might indicate that BMG is a JDB.

Regarding your cable account, what is not being reporting accurately?

after digging around this morning I found that Northern Resolution group (CA) is the company that is reporting the debt. i still dont know who that is but will see if transunion valdiates the debt and go from there.  Thanks for your help please let me know if you have any suggestions