More Tricks by The JDB in locating you.

TomnTex

I know that a lot of the old timers know this and it's meant to help the new people. Remember two, that if you try blocking a call to a JDB/OC or any others, many have an ANI system in place to unblock your calls, plus using the tactics below:

Caller ID can be used as an excellent tool to skip trace individuals you are attempting to repossess. Face it, you have to know where your debtor lives or works if you are going to repossess their car. Caller ID can be used in some very creative ways to trap your debtor. Most expert skip tracers use a caller ID trap line to find even the most difficult skips.

So how can you find your skip by using caller ID? You call skips mom and leave her a message that you have a rebate check for skip. Ask her if she could give your name and number to skip and ask him to call. You leave her your name number and extension.

When the debtor calls your trap line they hear a recording that asks them to enter the extension of the party they are trying to reach. You assign each skip their own extension so that when someone calls and enters extension 5200 you know exactly what skip is calling, and you are also provided their telephone number.

The caller ID trap line will send them to a voicemail allowing them to leave a voice message, if they wish. It doesn't matter if they leave a message or not, you already have their phone number, and you know who they are because of the extension they entered.

Obviously you can get a lot more creative when leaving the message with mom. If you know your skip is a carpenter, you can claim to have a carpentry job for him.

So where can you get a trap line that does all of this? There are many providers of caller ID trap lines. Universal Communications of Colorado are the innovators of  caller ID trap lines used for the skip tracing, debt collection, bounty hunting, and repossession industries.

Universal Communications has a great online interface where you can monitor incoming call data. They will even trap the phone number if the person has their caller ID data blocked.

So, just remember, they are locating you one way or the other. If you want your number kept private, call from a pay phone if they still exist, or get a burn phone (throw away cell phone).

• Like 1

Yeah, they should be, but they get by with it. Just like the websites of the collectors telling their people all the stuff that is illegal with a wink. They put it on their boards, yet they say with a nod that this can be done, but you shouldn't do it. Just so they can teach the new guys how to do it.

You can also use Skype and some other online services to place such phone calls, if you feel you need to, and have enough internet access to use it (dialup won't work).

If someone just up and calls and somehow gets a message to me that I have a rebate check, then my scam alarm is already ringing.  That is because they would be giving too little info, and clearly would need info from me.  How the hell would there be a rebate check for me from someone that doesn't already have my info?  I just won't even bother calling back because it doesn't make sense.

Obviously, a lot of people would call, so tactics like this do work.  They could play it like a persistent delay in communicating with you about the rebate, and eventually just tell you that the time has expired.  In the mean time that collector that has been calling during the past few days was led by this all along.

Is pretty fancy how they collect data, but that would not happen if people used their brain, I do not call back with such stupid claim, also I probably would not call back anyone but an OC that I know. Anyways I'm easy to locate, same address for years and same phone number.

I make sure they know exactly where to mail anything to me (skype for number, answer when I feel like it). That way it will be hard for them to deny having served me and sewer served.

Besides, there is no blood to be had from this turnip and I am collection proof, so let the battle begin.

It will give me something interesting to spend time on. xxHellxx