brattylatina

LVNV can't verify

I disputed an LVNV account with Transunion on 12/30. On 12/28 they sent letter that they received limited information and need me to clarify so that they can do thorough investigation. However, on the letter it has account name, info and balance. I disputed it as not mine.

What is my next step? It's been so long since I've worked on credit repair. Thanks!

I'm confused.   You received documentation from them before you disputed with the credit bureaus?  If you just disputed with the bureaus, sit tight until the 30 days is up.  Then we'll discuss options.  ;)

I disputed with the credit bureau that the account was not mine. 28 days later they (LVNV/Resurgent) send me a letter stating they need me to clarify my dispute so that they can conduct a thorough investigation. They are asking me to mail information describing the nature of my dispute. I have already stated not my account so what more do they need?

I have not heard back from credit bureau. The letter states they submitted a request to all three to update the account ton"account information disputed by consumer."

By stating the account is not yours, they want to know why you claim it's not yours.  That's why they included your name and the balance in the letter.  They want to know if they have the wrong person, or if you're claiming the account is a result of identity theft.

Is the account yours?

It's time to 623, DV or send in another dispute with a different reason.  

They technically do not have to respond to a DV request if not within 30 days of the original dunning letter.  I say the next thing to do is to dispute with the information furnisher.  Any documentation you can send would be a plus.  Documentation is typically not sent to information furnishers in a dispute with the credit bureaus.   They typically use eOscar.  

Just a note.  If the account is yours and it's being reported accurately, another dispute can be deemed frivolous.

I'll ask again:  Is it your account?

Also, is it being reported accurately?  Is everything correct?

As long as you dispute something differently, they have to reinvestigate.  I'd try disputing directly with the creditor this time.  They have to investigate if you really insist.  Especially if you have documentation.  

Well doesn't everybody dispute several times hoping something will stick? I do not know if information is correct, however since I disputed, the LVNV has been changed to opened in 12/12.

I'd suggest disputing with LVNV soon.  And not everyone knows the trick of disputing several times.  The account is tied to your original loan.  No matter when LVNV says it was opened, it can't stay on longer than 7.5 years from the date of last payment on the original account.  

Well doesn't everybody dispute several times hoping something will stick? I do not know if information is correct, however since I disputed, the LVNV has been changed to opened in 12/12.

The 12/12 date is probably the date LVNV opened the account in their files.  It does not reage the account.

I'd suggest disputing with LVNV soon.  And not everyone knows the trick of disputing several times.  The account is tied to your original loan.  No matter when LVNV says it was opened, it can't stay on longer than 7.5 years from the date of last payment on the original account.  

Actually, it can't stay on later than the date of first delinquency (DOFL).  I know Admin knows this already, but not everyone knows it.

The DOFL and the date of last payment are not always the same.  If one is late on a payment, the account is considered in default, and the creditor reports the date the payment was due but not received.  At this point, the account becomes a negative entry on your CR.  After that, if you make timely payments in the amounts required by the creditor, the account is no longer in default and has been made current again.   If you're never late again, that original DOFL does not change.  The entry will remain in a negative status for 7 to 7.5 years from that DOFL.

However, if you're late again or you miss a payment completely, that DOFL changes.  You now have a new DOFL

What I meant about the last payment not necessarily being the same as the DOFL is this:  An account has to be brought current.  For example:  Let's say a payment was due on 6/01/2011 but you were late making the payment.  The entry on your CR will reflect that date as the DOFL.  After that you make timely payments in the required amounts and bring the account current.

Now, let's say the required minimum payment has been $100 a month, but you miss a payment completely.   You fail to make the 12/01/2011 payment.  The new DOFL is now 12/01/2011.  Because you missed a payment completely, the next payment may have to be $150 to make the account current again.  But you don't do that.  You make a few small, partial payments here and there, but you never pay what the creditor requires to bring the account current.  The last time you make a payment is 4/01/2012, but again, it's a small partial payment that isn't enough to make the account current.

The DOFL is based upon a late or missed payment on a current account.  Since those small payments didn't bring the account current, they don't affect the 12/01/2011 DOFL.   In this case, the last payment on 4/01/2012 and the DOFL on 12/01/2011 are not the same.

Do you mean dispute with the CB again?

The 12/12 date is probably the date LVNV opened the account in their files.  It does not reage the account.
It's been on there but it just changed with this dispute in December.  Today I get a letter stating "information you provided regarding this account has been forwarded fro review.  However, we have been unable to contact you to discuss this account.  If we are unable to establish contact within 30 days, we may resume collection."

First of all, the first letter asking me for info was sent on December 28 and NO information was sent to them.  I don't know what they are talking about.

I'm currently dealing with them also.  A lot of what I'm going to say is mentioned in the LVNV thread on the other board. But part of LVNV's racket IMO is "NOT" sending you a dunning letter.

Here's my question as it relates here.  Does a debt collector/JDB have to send you a "dunning" letter? 

It seems what LVN does and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

List on your report that you owe "LVNV" as a "Factoring Company"

Have one of their on hire or cloak CA's contact you saying you owe "LVNV".  

The confusion comes in as to "WHO" to D V which IMO is basically "worthless" unless you're using it for a paper trail for a lawsuit. 

Their "M-O" seems to be to attack credit reports that have "SOME" positive activity and to put something on it should you say "refinance" a home so that they can be part of the settlment.   That or they'll try to file a suit against you (if it's within the SOL). 

Any thoughts on the above, shared experiences or differences of opinion?

List on your report that you owe "LVNV" as a "Factoring Company"

Not sure I understand what you mean here.  

LVNV lists itself as factoring company on credit reports.

I agree, LVNV is like a five headed snake and does everything possible to avoid complying with the law.

Sending DV to LVNV will not be answered because SC office does not have employee ! Instead it will be forwarded to a law firm or another CA cloak , it's like do over and over and over.

Ever heard of Alison Moon?

Not sure I understand what you mean here.  

Hi Admin:

What I mean is as "HowuCaN" clairified.   "LVNV" lists itself as a "Factoring Company".   I know you're well aware of this but just posting this link for others who are reading..

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/256882-what-is-a-factoring-company/

My general point was just to illustrate their whole "whack-a-mole" scam.