brattylatina

LVNV can't verify

I just recieved the same letter in the mail asking for me to clarify my dispute. At least they put it in writing that the account is too old to sue me.

LVNV / Resurgent is stating that they recieved limited information from the CRA's concerning my dispute (account not mine) and they want me to clarify what I want them to investigate and send them any supporting documents to support my claim or they will begin collection activities again.

This company needs to wake up. If I am disputing the account is not mine how am I suppose to send documentation to them to support my claim?

This is just as bad as Capital One VERIFYING the information they are reporting on my credit reports with all three CRA's that I am DECEASED. Although I have spoke with the CRA's, all three have told me they can't change it. They only report information given to them.

Wrong on several accounts, LVNV Does have employees working for them just not at the Greenville, SC Office. You need to DV LVNV at their Charleston, SC addy CMRR. They hate people using that one as it is where the upper level Staff operate out of. This way it cannot be 'passed' on again to another of their CAs without them replying.

Wrong on several accounts, LVNV Does have employees working for them just not at the Greenville, SC Office. You need to DV LVNV at their Charleston, SC addy CMRR. They hate people using that one as it is where the upper level Staff operate out of.

I respectfully disagree.  I sent a DV to the Greenville office.  They replied.  If the Greenvlle office address is included in letter, then it depends on what instructions they may provide.  If they don't specify an address to send a DV or dispute, OR if they state to NOT send communications to a certain address, then you can send it to one of the addresses provided in the letter.  They have to forward your letter to the proper department.

This way it cannot be 'passed' on again to another of their CAs without them replying.

Again, unless they make certain specifications, you can send a DV or dispute to one of the addresses listed in their letter.  Also, depending upon the nature of your letter, they can pass it on to one of their CAs without issuing a reply.

A DV cannot be ignored, the Greenville office is simply, I believe, a postal drop with Resurgent in the same Bldg handling it. The Charleston addy is only for LVNV and they don't want certified mail going there.

A DV cannot be ignored, the Greenville office is simply, I believe, a postal drop with Resurgent in the same Bldg handling it. The Charleston addy is only for LVNV and they don't want certified mail going there.

A DV can be ignored if they decide to stop collections attempts.  And it really doesn't matter if the Greenville office is simply a postal drop.  As long as they don't stipulate that no communication is to be sent to that office, they have to forward that mail to the proper department.  If they don't do so, it's their problem.  If you send your letter CMRRR and they sign for it, you have your proof that they received your letter.  That's all you need.

Like I said, I sent a DV to that address.  They replied.

I'll not argue those points. The issue is LVNV has a very bad habit of not taking anything there seriously. An Alabama case where LVNV was sued overturned the default judgement as the robosigner was actually a Resurgent employee even though she said in her statements she worked for LVNV. LVNV appealed and won saying it controlling corporate office was the Charleston address and was not properly served. Too busy now to explain better, see these cases for yourself. it is an eye opener. I point people to the Charleston Office because they cannot ignore it there as with Greenville. They are Very touchy about its Corp Headquarters. Sorry BV80 but, I'm a bit biased with this one LVNV creature. Now, my Wife broke her leg yesterday and a bit stressed. Found out I can't cook either... Gotta go.

http://www.alabamaappellatewatch.com/uploads/file/2080442.PDF

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:kyNFAhcBdS8J:www.alabamaappellatewatch.com/uploads/file/1090222.PDF+&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShSIyxeoXtvcb18py4ovys-WzBp2dJACARzoQqBvF3vL6dIVCntfq8Dd9_sWv99YQ6IGpXpIy0Jr_JTn7-k_2e87PKw5onREl8zng0zOQnZap7r0Hs19j2939YTi7kpHkkhdGO4&sig=AHIEtbSODamJGkTtGOSoqiJRlfUvRfPd7w

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife.  I wish you both the best and hope she recovers soon.  As long as you're taking good care of her, I'm sure she won't mind that you can't cook.

I understand what you're saying.  My point is that we don't have to make special efforts to get a JDB to comply with the FDCPA.  As long as we follow the proper procedures, the rest is up to the JDB. 

If they provide more than one address but don't specify that certain communications should be or should not be sent to one of those addresses, that's their problem.  It's not up to use to make them comply with the FDCPA.